PDA

View Full Version : New computer screens, and Popeyes

Stephen Cherry
11-13-2013, 4:30 PM
Today, I broke with my recent strategy of trying to be a hermit, and left the cave for beautiful Rockville, MD. I have been using a Hitachi 20 inch, 1600x1200 monitor for more than a decade, and I finally reached my limit and bought two Asus 24" 1920x1200 IPS screens. (I like a twin screen setup when I am actually doing something productive, and also like the added height of the 1200). The Hitachi was about 1k, back in the 90's, these two new screens added up to a little more than 600.

These new screens are beyond fabulous. Easy for a middle aged person to see, with a vast viewing area.

The chicken on the other hand was a different story. Back in the 90's Popeyes was pretty tasty, today it was about 8 bucks for a two piece with biscuit, and rice and beans, with a coke. And it's sitting a little heavy.

So some things get better, other things get worse.

Myk Rian
11-13-2013, 6:35 PM
Now you need to connect your TV to another video port. :)
2 monitors, with a HiDef TV for movies is pretty cool.
Oh, have you seen the price and size of Twinkies lately?

ray hampton
11-14-2013, 10:03 PM
The chicken on the other hand was a different story. Back in the 90's Popeyes was pretty tasty, today it was about 8 bucks for a two piece with biscuit, and rice and beans, with a coke. And it's sitting a little heavy.

So some things get better, other things get worse.

Popeye sell good Gumbo too, the biscuit got no equal but we can buy rice and beans in the local store to stock up for the days that you refuse to drive, I wish that I could cook chicken popeye style

Larry Whitlow
11-14-2013, 11:22 PM
You guys got Church's Chicken? I like it better than Popeye's (the biscuits too). Man, now I want some chicken.

ray hampton
11-15-2013, 12:26 PM
You guys got Church's Chicken? I like it better than Popeye's (the biscuits too). Man, now I want some chicken.

No to Church Chicken but I got Kentucky Chicken and I found a restaurant that called its chicken the western style that WERE very good

Larry Whitlow
11-17-2013, 12:46 AM
Closest Church's Chicken to me is about 15 miles away in Vallejo Calif. We have family there that got me hooked on Church's Chicken. I may need to make a special trip there pretty soon. I'm blaming this on you guys.

Bonnie Campbell
11-17-2013, 9:06 AM
We used to have 'Chicken Sunday'.... Chicken from Popeye's and biscuits from Church's. The best of both worlds lol

I don't have either close to where I live now, so it's just a good memory :rolleyes:

Paul McGaha
11-17-2013, 9:12 AM
I have chicken from Popeye's for Sunday dinner maybe every other week.

I still find it to be really good. My favorite sides are the Cajun rice or the red beans and rice.

Their shrimp are really good too.

PHM

Brian Elfert
11-17-2013, 11:50 AM
Two monitors are very handy to have. I have two monitors at work and it really makes my work day a lot easier. From time to time I also wish I had dual monitors at home, but not enough to justify the cost or space required.

ray hampton
11-17-2013, 1:32 PM
I have chicken from Popeye's for Sunday dinner maybe every other week.

I still find it to be really good. My favorite sides are the Cajun rice or the red beans and rice.

Their shrimp are really good too.

PHM

shrimp may taste good BUT nothing taste better than crawfish

ray hampton
11-17-2013, 1:34 PM
Two monitors are very handy to have. I have two monitors at work and it really makes my work day a lot easier. From time to time I also wish I had dual monitors at home, but not enough to justify the cost or space required.

what are the size of your monitors [ in inches not metric ]

Brian Elfert
11-17-2013, 2:28 PM
I have dual 22" widescreen monitors. Nothing super fancy, but they do the job better than a single monitor.

Why would I specify anything in metric when I live in a country that still uses the imperial system?

ray hampton
11-17-2013, 6:55 PM
I have dual 22" widescreen monitors. Nothing super fancy, but they do the job better than a single monitor.

Why would I specify anything in metric when I live in a country that still uses the imperial system?

the hospital that I go to and their doctors been using the metric system or something for a long time