PDA

View Full Version : One More Cherry Bowl

Harry Pye
06-05-2005, 5:52 PM
Here is a cherry bowl I finished recently. The wood came from a former neighbor's tree. I got five pieces of branch and each should yield four bowls. This is the first bowl from this wood and was given to the fellow who gave me the wood. Bowl is about six inches in diameter. I dried the wood using the alcohol soaking method. It seems to work really well. There are a couple of small checks visable on the bottom but they don't show on the inside and may have been there when the wood was green. I'm planning on stocking up on rough turned bowls while the weather is nice and I can get outside with the chain saw, then have a good stash when the weather gets bad. Like a squirrel putting nuts away. Not the best picture but it does save space.

John Hart
06-05-2005, 6:04 PM
Very nice Harry. I'm really loving working with cherry. That bowl really shows off some nice details. I gotta start doing that squirrel thing too. :rolleyes:

Bruce Shiverdecker
06-05-2005, 6:23 PM
Good lookin' Harry.

Bruce

Michael Stafford
06-05-2005, 7:58 PM
Looking good, Harry!! :) Nice form and finish!!! :D

Jim Becker
06-05-2005, 10:22 PM
Excellent, Harry! I love the form and the rim!! Nice wood, too, of course... ;)

Dick Parr
06-05-2005, 11:31 PM
That's a great looking bowl Harry. :) Cherry is always fun to turn. Nice job. ;)

Ernie Nyvall
06-06-2005, 10:12 PM
Nice bowl Harry. Good show of the grain.

Ernie

Ed Scolforo
06-07-2005, 6:41 AM
Nice bowl, Harry. This cherry has some interesting grain pattern. Good form as well. Thanks for shariing.
Ed

Bill Esposito
06-07-2005, 9:36 PM
Looks great Harry. Cherry is my favorite wood to work with.