PDA

View Full Version : 4 Weeks? Really? Well, I guess it is good

Mark Ross
11-12-2013, 7:39 PM
Called a new supplier yesterday, got a 4 week quote on a single piece of equipment. We need to verify it works with our lighting for a customer. A very nice lady from West Virginia told me, "Sorry hon, 4 weeks is the best we can do we are covered up".

A made in the USA product and I have to wait 4 weeks? Doesn't she realize I can get it from China in 6? LOL. She said that they are busier than they have been in years. I know our lead times are going out to our customers as well.

How is everyone else doing?

Dave Sheldrake
11-13-2013, 5:29 AM
Insane, I have all my lasers stacked out for the next 7 weeks, even the ones that don't normally get used as much (Galvo's) strangely enough none of it is stuff related to the Christmas period. Looks like it's going to be more machines in the new year :(

cheers

Dave

Jason Hilton
11-13-2013, 10:36 AM
Buy them before the end of this year, get your tax write-off :)

Zhiyue Sun
11-18-2013, 1:00 PM
yes, get it before the end of yea

Mark Ross
11-19-2013, 7:58 PM
Our products go into high end products and there is no end in sight right now. Who is buying all these high end products? It is crazy. Absolutely crazy. On top of that, I am looking to use the laser to begin to cut production materials. Something tells me Santa might be bringing us a 3rd Epilog 36EXT...LOL.