PDA

View Full Version : Free Unisaw. New......

Larry Edgerton
11-12-2013, 5:13 PM
A friend of mine dropped off a NOS Unisaw today. It had been left on a large commercial job [commercial cleanup]at some point and was in his way in his garage when I mentioned I would like to have a saw in my basement while I am building my house.

The saw had never been run. Still has stickers on the belts, original junk Delta blade that came with every old Delta, original splitter/guard, top was rusty, but not a scratch anywhere. Has Jet Lock rails but no fence.

I tipped it over and checked it out, tipped it back over and plugged it in. Fired right up, no issues. Has a 110/220 1.5 HP wired for 220. Saw must be fairly old as it is not covered in warning labels, saw is a Delta but motor still says Rockwell.

Very cool. A guy can't have too many saws. It was so nice that I felt guilty and gave him my old Mountian Bike I built about twenty years ago he has drooled over for a while now. We are both happy. Especially as I am too old and busted up to ride that thing any more......

Now I have to figure out what to do with the fence. I have a couple of Biesys and a Uni fence but no rails and they are on other saws anyway. I just gave away a Jetlock last year when I moved my shop, figures......

I think I'll give it to my wife. Honey, you'll never guess what I got you today..........

Larry

Todd Burch
11-12-2013, 6:20 PM
OK. You suck.

Congrats!

Peter Quinn
11-12-2013, 7:40 PM
I love it. And you're part of the growing "trade" economy. I read this whole thing about exchanges where people trade things or services they need in lue of cash, govnt can't figure out how to tax it....makes me smile doubly. Enjoy at Uni!

Rick Potter
11-12-2013, 9:00 PM
Great deal Larry. I had a 1 1/2 HP Unisaw for 10 years, and it did everything I ever wanted. Heck, I even liked the Jet Lock fence.

I went crazy and bought a 3HP Unisaw 20 years ago. I was just trying the new one out in my garage shop, on Halloween, when a dad looked in while his kids were trick or treating. He bought the old 1 1/2 HP Uni on the spot.

Rick Potter

phil harold
11-12-2013, 11:31 PM
no pictures?!?

then it did not happen

Michael Weber
11-12-2013, 11:55 PM
Looked at the calendar and it definitely is not April Fools Day.

Fred Maiman
11-13-2013, 1:10 AM
I think a you suck or two are in order. Enjoy the saw!!!

Ben Martin
11-13-2013, 9:45 AM
I don't see a saw...

Jeff Duncan
11-13-2013, 10:20 AM
Don't toss that Delta blade just yet! Some of their blades were actually very good quality. I don't know who made them but I have one Delta blade that's every bit as good as my Freud blades.

As for the fence, they're plentiful on e-bay!

good luck,
Jeffd

Ted Calver
11-13-2013, 10:27 AM
....Very cool. A guy can't have too many saws.
Really? Dang. I've been collecting clamps all these years for nothin!:) True story: One year my daughter asked me what I wanted for Christmas. I told her "you can never have too many clamps". Somehow that got twisted in translation and I ended up getting five different kinds of levels under the tree:) :)

Larry Edgerton
11-13-2013, 5:56 PM
Funny Ted! Now you have no excuses. I've always wanted to build a level with the vials filled with epoxy, so they are always right.....

Jeff, this saw is so old it has a HS steel Combo, Junk! They quit using that blade back in the seventies. But I will send it too you.....:)

Cleaned up the top today, adjusted stuff, just have to make my mind up on a fence. I have a Powermatic with a motor down, so I could just buy rails and borrow that fence. Anyone have a 5hp 230V single phase for a 66 laying around? Didn't think so...... dang. I am going to convert it from three phase so I don't have to run the converter.

Later, Larry

Gus Dundon
11-14-2013, 3:36 PM
Guess who's lucky today. Can we have a glimpse of it? Picture maybe? Enjoy the saw!

Larry Edgerton
12-08-2013, 5:13 PM
Picked up a NOS Delta Jet Lock so I could use the saw. Gave it a quick tune up, known good blade and gave it a spin. Not really impressed. It in no way compares to my PM66, but I will work on it a little more.

Has blade runout, not the blade because I shifted the blade and it came up in a different place. Saw has never been run so has no wear, will work on it more later.

Forgot what a pile Jet Locks are..........

Larry