PDA

View Full Version : Gravograph LS100 drivers/software

Tony Calver
11-11-2013, 7:08 AM
Hi, Im new to engraving. I have just purchased a secondhand Gravograph LS100 for a new business venture. I only want to engrave simple text into rubber and Im looking for some simple software which I could use (ideally from a Mac but I have gone a windows pc too) and how to get drivers (which Im aware are out there somewhere) Im a bit reluctant to pay £2000 for gravostyle software, there must be another way. Any help welcomed thanks

Ross Moshinsky
11-11-2013, 12:28 PM
Gravograph will email you their driver for free. The ones I have are buggy so be careful before you run any jobs and test the feature first.

Mark Ross
11-12-2013, 7:49 PM
If Gravo is anything like they used to be, they are happy to help. First, you pay upfront for all the years that the machine was not on support. Second, you get on support, then you look at the cost and promptly dump the unit into the nearest dumpster. Sorry, but there are plenty of threads on what a horrible company Gravo is. We have a machine they still make, all we wanted was to upgrade, and in the end we bought a used computer that would still run Win 95 and talk to their dongle. Cost? Around 200 bucks, versus twice the cost of buying the same machine brand new from them when there was nothing wrong with the one we had.

Kev Williams
11-12-2013, 9:06 PM
Ever check my signature, Mark? ;)

If Gravograph will give you a free driver, get it, load it, load up the firmware (Gravo should give you instructions), and from there ANY program that will print to a printer will print to your laser. Corel is the obvious choice--