PDA

View Full Version : Corel problem

Hannu Rinne
11-10-2013, 1:09 PM
I'm trying to close the paths in attached drawing but obviously I'm missing something - can anyone give me some advice how to do it (in X3) :confused:

Regards,
Hannu

Larry Bratton
11-10-2013, 2:01 PM
If your looking to just make one curve of the whole thing..select all of the objects and then Arrange-Combine.

Kev Williams
11-10-2013, 3:06 PM
I went thru a similar problem the other day, so I know the problem he's having, and sometimes combining doesn't work. I cut away the middle of 2 ovals where they crossed, then tried to connect the 4 open ends to the different open ends. I drew the lines, the nodes connected, I combined the new pieces, but Corel still saw them as open, they wouldn't fill, and the outliner wouldn't make a new outline. When using the auto-closer, Corel connected the wrong points together.

It's frustrating as all getout, and why I will NEVER get rid of my ancient Casmate programs. SOOOO much easier for basic editing than Corel ever thought of being.

Darryl Hazen
11-10-2013, 5:31 PM
Hannu, If you can provide more details it might help us figure out what you are trying to do. Color coding the circuits would help. That way we can see which points need to be connected.

Hannu Rinne
11-11-2013, 12:56 PM
Thanks to all for the answers!

The problem is the open nodes as in the picture. I don't have any problem to do the file with laser but when I import it in VCarve Pro, the program says "85 open vectors were identified in the selection and are being ignored. There are 48 remaining vectors".

Those 48 vectors are the small circles in the middle of the picture. I have sent the file in different mode as (pdf, dwg, dxf, ai, eps) but the situation stays the same in every time. From Corel I can't find any command (eg. arrange > combine, etc.) what would close the vectors. (Red and black line are separate and not ment to be closed).

Hope you will understand my desperate English explanation... :D

Regards,
Hannu

Scott Shepherd
11-11-2013, 1:17 PM
Hannu, the tool you are looking for in Corel is called "Join Curves". It's at the bottom of the "Arrange" menu. When you click it, it'll open up with a dialogue box that asks how large a gap will you allow it to close. Enter the dimension and tell it to join them and it'll close them all.

Larry Bratton
11-11-2013, 3:26 PM
You can also convert to a bitmap, save at 300dpi and then trace it. Works every time for me.

Hannu Rinne
11-11-2013, 4:25 PM
Thanks Scott, but the odd thing is that I don't have that option. I can't find it anywhere...?

Larry, your method worked great - thanks a lot !!!

I can't understand computers - was a lot easier before those :D

Best regards,
Hannu

Larry Bratton
11-11-2013, 6:16 PM
Sometimes you just have to think outside the box Hannu, glad I could help.

Thanks Scott, but the odd thing is that I don't have that option. I can't find it anywhere...?

Larry, your method worked great - thanks a lot !!!

I can't understand computers - was a lot easier before those :D

Best regards,
Hannu

Scott Shepherd
11-11-2013, 6:31 PM

In X3 it says "Close Curve" or something like that. It's right under "Convert Outline to Object" under the "Arrange" menu at the top.

Larry Bratton
11-11-2013, 7:47 PM
Close Path

Kev Williams
11-11-2013, 11:16 PM
it's "close path" on mine--

Hannu Rinne
11-12-2013, 4:48 PM
I have "close path" also.

This problem still bothers me and I will try to find the reason. When I select all the vectors and then I try to close them, the "close path" selection is not active and I can't get it activate at any way. I just wonder where the problem might lie... in my drawing or inside my head... ( I bet both options are the answer :D ).

Thanks to all for your help !!

Regards,
Hannu

AL Ursich
11-12-2013, 7:32 PM
Looks like a 8 light - light chase circuit.... :)