PDA

View Full Version : Hello to everyone here in SMC

Hikmet C. Sakman
06-05-2005, 12:43 PM
I was chasing down Jason Tuinstra and I ended up here. I am just intruducing and re-intruducing myself and see what goes down here. There are lots of new faces here but also many I already know. See you around.

Take Care All...

HC Sakman aka "Chico"

Dave Avery
06-05-2005, 1:01 PM
Nice to see you over here. I'm sure the crew at SMC will benefit from your advice and enjoy seeing your beautiful craftsmanship.

For those of you who don't know Chico, you're in for a treat when he posts pictures of his work.

Again, welcome. Dave.

Bruce Page
06-05-2005, 1:43 PM
Hey Chico! Good to see you here, don't be a stranger!

Mark Singer
06-05-2005, 2:23 PM
Chico and the man.....welcome!

Dan Forman
06-05-2005, 3:54 PM
Welcome Chico, looking forward to seeing some of that nice work.

Dan

Mike Cutler
06-05-2005, 5:30 PM
Chico. Welcome to Sawmill Creek. I've admired your work since the BP days, and I often look at your work in the WC Shop Shots, and all I can say is "stunning".
Once again, welcome to the 'creek. Hope to see some of your work, old or new posted here.

Jason Tuinstra
06-05-2005, 8:28 PM
Chico,

We're still moving in so I rarely make it here these days. But I'm glad I made it to see your post! Now come on, show us some of that eye candy you're so famous for! At least show us what you've been working on of late. And be sure to hang around as much as you can. I think it's fair to say that your imput would be a great asset to SMC!

Earl Kelly
06-05-2005, 8:36 PM
Chico, welcome, I know you'll find everyone here friendly and courteous. You have some really nice pieces, don't be afraid to share them.

Ron Jones near Indy
06-05-2005, 8:43 PM
Glad to see you here Chico! Don't be bashful. I know you have some great work to share with us. I think you will find this a great place to visit; and, like I do, spend time here and Ellis Island.

Brent Beelby
06-05-2005, 10:10 PM
Hello, Chico
It's very nice to see you here at the Creek! I really enjoyed your work over at WC. I especially liked the wine cabinet. I've always wanted to build something out of madrone. I don't believe Riemer carries it, and was wondering where you bought your madrone?
Nice to see you here and look forward to seeing your latest work

Brent

Kelly C. Hanna
06-05-2005, 11:04 PM
Welcome to the Creek....you are in good company here!

Hikmet C. Sakman
06-06-2005, 7:37 PM
Thank you ALL very much! That sure was a warm welcome.

I forgot to mention that in my website, many of the cropped pictures are done by "master-cropper" Jason! ;-)

See you around.

Chico...

Hikmet C. Sakman
06-06-2005, 7:41 PM
Hi Brent,

I've got the madrone (a.k.a. "arbutus" in the Pacific Northwest) from our woodworking guild's wood recovery program. Those doors were made from 2" stock, every piece is bookmatched.

Chico...

Bob Noles
06-06-2005, 8:11 PM
Hello Chico and welcome to SMC.

I have not had the pleasure of our paths crossing, but from what I see, you have a wonderful reputation.

I look forward to seeing your work and enjoying your company on the SMC forum.

Hikmet C. Sakman
06-06-2005, 9:18 PM
Thanks Bob. You can see my work at www.sakmanfinewoodworks.com (http://www.sakmanfinewoodworks.com).

Thanks for your kind words.

Chico...

Keith Christopher
06-06-2005, 9:25 PM
Chico,

VERY fine work ! and Welcome the the creek !

Keith