PDA

View Full Version : How many do you post?

Peter Blair
11-06-2013, 9:06 PM
George Overpeck started a thread that many of you read, asking how many pieces do you finish?

This got me to thinking, I wonder how many pieces you finish that you are pleased enough with to post to this or other forums.

I'll start off. Unfortunately I don't get to turn full time. I stay busy about 8 months a year trying to earn enough to keep me in the Vortex.

I guess that I turn about 40 to 50 pieces a year and post about 10%. I usually only post if I am especially proud of the piece,

How about you?

Dennis Ford
11-06-2013, 9:39 PM
I turn quite often but am lax about taking pictures. After turning a more interesting piece, I will set up the camera and take pictures of the last few pieces I have done. I probably post 70+% of the pieces that get pictures of. Functional pieces are less likely to make it online.

Paul Williams
11-06-2013, 9:51 PM
I post around 10%. Usually because I like the piece or it has some unusual wood or grain features.

Brian Kent
11-06-2013, 10:07 PM
This has been the majority of my classroom experience. I have been to a couple meetings of a good turning club and have watched a ton of videos, but this is my main source of info. So for many months I posted every single piece, including the failures.

Now I post about a third of them, especially when I particularly enjoyed a piece or when I have a request for C&C or procedural advice.

Don Orr
11-07-2013, 3:03 PM
I rarely post anything. Nothing I do is at all special or extraordinary. I turn for fun. Most of what I do is just messing about in the shop or making something useful. I give most of my stuff away. I do try to photograph my finished pieces just as a record.

Jim Underwood
11-07-2013, 3:14 PM
I keep thinking I oughta post something.. but then I make the excuse that I haven't setup the photo booth and taken a good picture of it...