PDA

View Full Version : Ryobi charger recall

Phil Thien
11-05-2013, 9:53 PM
Ryobi has recalled some of their green chargers.

Information here:

https://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/2014/One-World-Technologies-Recalls-Ryobi-Battery-Chargers/#remedy

Whit AndersonIL
11-06-2013, 3:42 PM
Phil--

Thanks. I just went and checked. Mine is one of recalled chargers.

--Whit

Phil Thien
11-06-2013, 7:43 PM
Glad you checked!

There have been approx. 25 reports of affected units malfunctioning and damaging nearby property (fire?).

So leave them unplugged and remove any batteries until you have a chance to check the date code.

Charles Wiggins
11-07-2013, 10:22 PM
Dang! It looks like I have a bad one too. Thank God I've not had any problems.
And thanks Phil for posting!

Charles Wiggins
11-08-2013, 9:40 AM
Dang! It looks like I have a bad one too. Thank God I've not had any problems.
And thanks Phil for posting!

Well, I called this morning. They will send a box to return the defective unit via FedEx, then I should expect to receive the replacement 2-3 WEEKS AFTER THEY GET MY RETURN!!!

Bill A Hagen
11-08-2013, 10:31 AM
I had one of the 18v 4ah batteries that was recalled, I hope this recall goes better. Took months to get the battery back. There are a few positives though. After calling about the returned battery a few time, they sent me a new one, but when i received it it was the wrong one. Called back, and was then sent another one out, and got a new replacement for the one I sent in. A few weeks later I got back my original battery (repaired). so for the price of one battery I ended up with 3. Just that it took around 3 months, when I was told it would be 4 weeks after I sent in the recalled battery.

Derek Stockley
11-10-2013, 8:33 AM
Thanks Phil - I have one of them and wouldn't likely have found out about this without your post.

Phil Thien
11-10-2013, 10:49 AM
Double-check your chargers. I missed one of mine (I have three) the first time. Two out of my three are within range.

Bill Geibe
11-11-2013, 1:20 AM
I have one, too. It's not a critical issue for me as I have use two newer units but have the old one around as a backup. I'll see about getting the defective one replaced, though. Thanks for the tip!

Bill