PDA

View Full Version : Creeker Visit, Western Puget Sound

Russell Neyman
11-05-2013, 12:37 AM
I was roughing a huge piece of madrone burl today, and heard somebody behind me and -- lo and behold -- there's Creeker Mike Holloway, all the way from Minneapolis dropping in for a visit.

Coincidentally, madrone (a species of wood unique to the Pacific Northwest) was something he came to see and, together, we spun a hollow form. I'll post photos of the finished vessel later.

Glad tor the time together, even unannounced. The doo at my shop is always open to any if you who are visiting the Olympic Peninsula on the western shore of Puget Sound.

If he's still in town, I hope to bring him to the monthly meeting of the Olympic Peninsula Woodturners on Nov 20th.

Mike Cruz
11-05-2013, 10:39 AM
Hmmmmm, I don't see any Creekers. Don't see any visiting any other Creekers. Don't see any pics of Creekers with smiling faces happy to have met one another. Must not have really happened... It IS nice to dream about though, Russell...isn't it? :D

Bill White
11-05-2013, 1:28 PM
Wish some of you guys/gals were closer to me in Mississippi. You're always welcome here too.
Bill

Ralph Lindberg
11-05-2013, 9:17 PM
Along that line, it sounds like Robo will be up in the spring to Demo at the club where Russell and I are members.

Robo and I will even see if we can go and do some TaiChi together!

robert baccus
11-05-2013, 10:10 PM
And your address is what???