PDA

View Full Version : Jessem Miter Slider + Incra Wonder Fence: An unholy union

Craig Behnke
11-02-2013, 9:10 PM
I've had an incra wonder fence for about 3 years and i've had mixed results using the incra right angle slider attachment when making dovetails, boxjoints, etc. My use of it was sloppy to say the least. Who knows, maybe it was operator error. A few months ago I got a jessem miter slider to get more stability. The hardware to attach the jessem slider to a fence does not work when trying to mate the jessem to an incra wonderfence. I used it for a little while with the basic incra fence but I wanted to use my wonderfence more often so I needed to make an adapter to make it work.

I finally got around to making the simple connector piece to make this unholy union work. it's just baltic birch ply, but it works great. After I use it for a few months I may try to get something fabricated from aluminum and make it less bulky and with quick attach/detach capability. we'll see.

for those of you that have the incra wonderfence setup and were on the fence about the jessem miter slider, don't let the incompatibility stop you. the attachment modification was super simple.

Bill Huber
11-03-2013, 9:01 AM
Looks like it should work, I have the slider but it is on my Jessem fence and I really like it. It is one of those things you are not sure you will like it or use it until you have it.
With the Jessem fence it stays on all the time so it is really handy when you need to use it. I have made some extra fences for mine out of MDF and use them for zci when I need them. I also added sand paper to the front of the stock slider fence.

Andrew Fleck
11-03-2013, 9:48 AM
Thanks Craig! I am one of the ones who was on the fence with this. I was looking at Bill Wyko's post about his setup, but I like your idea much better. Have you made any dovetails with the new setup yet?

Andrew

Stan Mitchell
11-06-2013, 1:23 PM
Neat solution.

I've got the Incra LS system and thought that was spendy - but adding the Jessem miter slide too - ouch!