PDA

View Full Version : Cutlist Plus iPad App?

Matt Meiser
10-31-2013, 10:45 PM
Anyone using it? I have to upgrade my Cutlist Plus if I want to use it and it looks like drag and drop editing is really the only other advantage of an upgrade for me.

Michael Dunn
10-31-2013, 11:04 PM
Anyone using it? I have to upgrade my Cutlist Plus if I want to use it and it looks like drag and drop editing is really the only other advantage of an upgrade for me.

It certainly looks pretty cool. I just downloaded it not even knowing that it works in conjugation with the windows software. I'm a Mac user. Doh! I do have Windows XP I can run via Parallels on my MacBook Pro.

I like the labor calculations. Pretty cool looking. I can't wait to try it out tomorrow.

Matt Meiser
10-31-2013, 11:13 PM
I don't need any estimating/labor functionality. I currently have the Gold edition because I got a practically free edition upgrade during a version upgrade, but I'm considering just buying Silver as I've never exceeded the 50 unique part constraint. Had more than 50 parts, but many duplicate cabinet sides, shelves, etc. And I don't have plans for any kitchens in the foreseeable future.

Michael Dunn
10-31-2013, 11:33 PM
I sure could've used this yesterday. I'm bidding on a job that may have me building 200 4 compartment storage bins. 200 faces, 200 tops, 200 backs, and bottoms, and 1000 side/dividers. My other cultist app took about 10 minutes to calculate. 284 sheets of 3/4" Melamine!

James White
11-01-2013, 9:42 AM
A bit off topic, but would this software be useful for someone who does not use sheet goods or build kitchen cabinets?

James

Keith Hankins
11-01-2013, 12:01 PM
Do you use sketchup? There is a free add in for cutlist. Love it.

Matt Meiser
11-01-2013, 12:25 PM
A bit off topic, but would this software be useful for someone who does not use sheet goods or build kitchen cabinets?

James

Only if you want to maximize yield with no regard to grain.