PDA

View Full Version : Acrylic supplier needed

rich shepard
10-29-2013, 11:58 PM
I have a friend that is looking for a good source of 3/16 inch clear acrylic for some cutting projects he has. I don't cut much of it so can't help him plus he's back east and my west cost supplier does not have any stores back there. Any Ideas he's in Florida and is up in the Fayetteville ,NC area a lot. thanks

Ross Moshinsky
10-30-2013, 1:13 PM
If he's doing small projects, Delvies is pretty much the easiest source. If he wants sheet goods, Laird has locations all over but there are sign supply companies all over the US that sell 4x8 sheets of acrylic. With a little research I'm sure he can find someone local. The other alternative is to contact someone local who works with acrylic often (sign shops or acrylic fabricators) and buy material from them.

Chris DeGerolamo
10-30-2013, 2:53 PM
Fayetteville is about 1hr south of Sabic/ GE Polymer shapes in Raleigh. Ask for Leon.

Scott Shepherd
10-30-2013, 4:28 PM
Piedmont Plastics has 3 locations in NC. Greensboro, Charlotte, and Raleigh.

rich shepard
10-30-2013, 6:25 PM
Thanks, will pass them on to him

Larry Bratton
10-30-2013, 11:04 PM
Calsak Plastics in Atlanta- the best for full sheets. They cut them to table size for free and ship quick. Had a customer call yesterday morning that required more black than I had on hand. It was in my shop this afternoon and I am in Alabama. Excellant pricing too. 1/8 cast in colors is in the high 50.00 range for full sheets. Ask for Bruce Martin.

Jonathan Bowen
11-01-2013, 12:27 AM
E & T Plastics is who I use. I think they have a jacksonville office. They cut the sheets down for free and I have them shipped to Pensacola. However, This thread may have me calling some new suppliers because I'm currently getting 4' by 8' 1/8" clear for about $70.