PDA

View Full Version : Ridgi LSA - Get a Certificate Of Mailing

Bruce Wrenn
10-29-2013, 9:44 PM
I own several of the Ridgid 12 volt LI cordless drills, all registered under their Lifetime Service Agreement. Last one I registered on line on Dec 07, 2011. Sent in paper work the same day. Recently during a battery replacement, I discovered that Ridgid had never activated LSA on last drill (Dec 07,2011.) Upon calling Rdgid, they said that paper work was never sent in. Went to my file, and looked up my Certificate of Mailing, also dated Dec 07, 2011. Very quickly they said to send a copy of Certificate of Mailing, and LSA would be activated. So if you do a LSA with Ridgid, get a Certificate of Mailing from Post Office. Costs $1.50, or less. Post master probably won't know how to do one. You fill out form with your return address, and address to which letter is addressed. Post office attaches postage and cancels stamps. This way you have proof of mailing. FYI, certificate of mailing is found under stamps in post office computer system. I really like getting FREE replacement batteries every couple years. On one of my drills, I'm on my third set of replacement batteries. Drill cost about $100 originally, and I have gotten about $240 worth of replacement batteries so far. As a side note, you now have to register (also with a certificate of mailing) replacement batteries yourself for continued LSA replacement. I'm not sure if this requirment could stand the legal test as it wasn't a part of the original LSA agreement., but I do it to get FREE replacement batteries.

glenn bradley
10-29-2013, 10:39 PM
Good tip Bruce. I too wave the "do it now and do it right" flag on the Ridgid LSA stuff. I had read several stories from others who had been casual about it and got burned later. Those examples led me to follow through very carefully. All has been well for years and years.

Wade Lippman
10-29-2013, 11:12 PM
I tried registering two rigid ros I bought at HD. They said my receipt wasn't adequate proof of purchase, so I've never bought another rigid. I'm glad you have had better luck.