PDA

View Full Version : Need help finding a jig part

Harry Hagan
10-29-2013, 8:35 PM
I’ve been asked to source this adjustment wheel and haven’t been able to find a supplier.

Something similar would be OK as long as it’s about 3 inches in diameter, flat, lobed/knurled around the diameter; and is through tapped. It will be used like the one in the photo—to fine tune a height adjustment.

Hope you can help.

Harry

Dave Verstraete
10-29-2013, 8:43 PM
Have you tried Reid Supply? How many do you need and what is the target price? 3" dia. X 3/8 thick? Size of tap? Material? Aluminum?

Harry Hagan
10-29-2013, 8:57 PM
Just one for now. Thick: 3/8, 1/2 inch doesn't matter. Fine thread is the priority for fine adjustments. Aluminum, Steel, Plastic as long as it's under $20.

So far I've tried: J.W. Winco, McMaster-Carr, S&W, Grainger, Carr Lane, Reid, most of the woodworking suppliers, and some others, too.

Please post a link if you find something. I don't know where else to look.

Jamie Buxton
10-30-2013, 10:44 AM
Why not make one? Baltic Birch 1/2" plywood, drilled and tapped. Or with a brass threaded insert.

Harry Hagan
10-30-2013, 11:03 AM
Why not make one? Baltic Birch 1/2" plywood, drilled and tapped. Or with a brass threaded insert.

That was my suggestion but the person’s not willing to pay for a custom-made wheel.

Bob Vavricka
10-30-2013, 11:44 AM
Well, what is your time worth searching for one? I've wasted many an hour looking for something that I could have made in less time. Do you work for this person? If not, your time searching is worth something.

Harry Hagan
10-30-2013, 11:59 AM
Well, what is your time worth searching for one? I've wasted many an hour looking for something that I could have made in less time. Do you work for this person? If not, your time searching is worth something.

Tell me about it! I'm just trying to help someone out. Hopefully someone on Sawmill Creek will know where to get one. Thanks for taking the time to respond.