PDA

View Full Version : Calling all Kiwis

Lance Mills
10-28-2013, 11:21 PM
Hi guys,
I'm having troubles with my Chinese Laser, HS-S9060 Laser CAM, and desperately need a name or names of an engineer/technician who repairs and services chinese lasers in Auckland, can anyone shed some light on this for me please? I believe the agent is no longer in business and the Company in China - Foshan Industries don't have anyone else down here so I'm on my knees.....help please

Rodne Gold
10-29-2013, 3:08 AM
What is the exact problem , maybe we can help you.

Lance Mills
10-29-2013, 4:46 AM
Hi Rodne, The problem is my laser suddenly has no power going to the bulb. It was working fine on sunday but I turned it on Monday morning and there was no laser shooting at all, no beam in the bulb and no movement on the mA meter. The rest of the machine is functional, will do everything but cut!! I changed the bulb for the spare I have but no difference. I've checked all the wires for loose connections, nothing immediately obvious so I'm needing a technician to test things deeper than my understanding.(Cabinetmaking is my field) Any ideas?
Lance

Dave Sheldrake
10-29-2013, 6:36 AM
Hiya Lance,

On to the flow control sensors and door switches next. They are in general normally closed switches so bridging them will by pass them.

best wishes

Dave

Peter Odell
10-29-2013, 9:09 AM
push the laser button on the power supply and see if you get a beam if not it could be the power supply

John Bion
10-29-2013, 9:17 AM
push the laser button on the power supply and see if you get a beam if not it could be the power supply

On my machines even this will not work if there is a faulty flow switch. Try bridging the terminals on the cable from/to your chiller (as suggested by dave Sheldrake). There are various configs of cables, but on mine it is 1 & 3 that need bridging (of a 3 pin socket).
Kind Regards,
John

Lance Mills
10-29-2013, 1:48 PM
Thanks guys, can I push the laser button with power on? I get nervous with electricity. Dave, What & where am I looking for with flow switches?

vic casware
10-29-2013, 7:08 PM
Hi Lance,
I sent you a PM with some details of someone who can help

Lance Mills
10-29-2013, 10:55 PM
So just pushed the test button on the Power supply and nothing happened there .... could be its kaput, I have a guy coming on Saturday so all will be revealed I guess. Thanks to all who contributed to my thread, hope I can be of some help to you at some stage.

Lance Mills
11-01-2013, 9:16 PM
Ok, the engineer came this morning and tested this n that and thinks the tube has gone but is also doubtful that the power supply is giving off enough power. He has a client who has a spare power supply and is trying to get him to let us compare his with mine. Any input as to who and how to get a replacement tube sent without it being broken in transit? I see Alibaba have quite a selection but its no use ordering if it can't be delivered in one piece.

Dave Sheldrake
11-02-2013, 10:11 AM
Not a good result Lance,

Testing a new supply on a suspect tube may well end up killing the new supply without giving any information. If the tube has a flaw and that is what is causing the PSU issue then attaching a new PSU will result in that going ping as well.

If you buy a PSU and it's the tube it won't work,
If you buy a tube and it's the PSU that won't work,

What somebody needs to do is to connect a large resistor (I'll go find the specs) in place of the tube and measure the output amperage at the negative end to see what the current is (this will confirm if the PSU is dead or needs adjusting) if the correct current is flowing then it will suggest the tube is dead. The chances of a PSU AND a tube being dead is remote unless one has affected the other.

Have you bypassed both the flow sensor and door switches to check if it is those?

Tubes from China will usually be ok when sent by post (they pack them in HUGE boxes) but get a decent one from somebody like RECI or EFR (an EFR F series is reasonably priced) although may need new mounts ($20).

I'll go get those resistor details

cheers

Dave

Lance Mills
11-02-2013, 4:28 PM
Hi Dave,
Yes the door switch tested ok and the flow switch has never been wired in, it was bypassed from the start by the supplier it looks like.
If I get a reci tube wont I have to modify other things?

Lance

Lance Mills
11-02-2013, 4:59 PM
Hi Dave,
Thanks for your input, glad to know i'm not alone, the flow switch is not connected, never has apparently and the door switch tested ok but will try to bypass it too to check.
If I get a reci tube don't I have to change other stuff(on the board or ??)

Lance

Dave Sheldrake
11-02-2013, 5:16 PM
Hi Lance,

Nope, the only difference will be the tube mounts ( the tubes are a bigger diameter), the power supply can be adjusted using a simple amp meter (via a small screw in the side) to ensure you get the correct current. RECI / EFR tubes also have a much longer lifetime if treated properly (not over run or allowed to get too hot)

Sometimes door switches will test ok then have an intermittent fault when the machine is running. It may well be the PSU but swapping bits out to find a faulty item isn't always the best way to do it (you can damage new parts and end up not knowing what is good and what is bad)

cheers

Dave

Lance Mills
11-07-2013, 12:13 AM
Hey many thanks for all the in put with my problem, I'm up and running again thanks to another kind laser owner who had a spare power supply unit and has kindly said I can have that to keep me operating and just to replace it asap. BRILLIANT!!!
Dave I've learned a lot from your in-put too many thanks.
Hope I can contribute something useful in the future that may be of help.

Cheers, Lance