PDA

View Full Version : Dealing with Wood World of Texas

Ron Howard
10-28-2013, 9:13 PM
I was wondering if anyone has had any experience dealing with Wood World of Texas as far as purchasing something broken and trying to get it fixed/replaced while living out of state. I purchased a Trend Airsheild Pro at SWAT 2013 at the end of August and I just got around to taking it out of the box and charging it, when I did I noticed that the headband was snapped in half, making it unusable/unwearable, On Saturday I sent them two e-mails describing the issue and asking the best way to handle it and have as of yet not heard anything back (i know I need to give them a couple more days), and of course I am in Colorado so swing by the store is a little hard. So I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar issue and if their outcome was positive or not ???

Wayne Lovell
10-28-2013, 9:36 PM
I have found they will bend over backwards to make things right, I live about 100 miles from them but since both our children and our grand kids live in Dallas I am frequently there and can go by the store. I would call them and talk to Craig, I think he will do everything he can to make thins right. I bought also bought one at SWAT and I love it.

Wayne

Chip Sutherland
10-28-2013, 9:49 PM
I agree with Wayne. Craig will make it right. I also bought my Trendshield from him at SWAT. He is a huge supporter of my woodturning club: Golden Triangle Woodturners. I return his support by shopping with him.

Adam Blanton
10-28-2013, 9:52 PM
If emailing doesn't work, try calling.

Len Mullin
10-28-2013, 11:22 PM
It wouldn't hurt for you to give them time to reply, you reported the problem twice on Saturday, did you ever stop and think that maybe they don't work on the weekend?

Tim Leiter
10-29-2013, 12:10 AM
"It wouldn't hurt for you to give them time to reply, you reported the problem twice on Saturday, did you ever stop and think that maybe they don't work on the weekend." +1 I agree.......................................Tim.

bob wiggins arlington
10-29-2013, 1:11 AM
They were working a woodworking show in Mesquite Tx Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I'm sure they will be in contact. They are great guys to work with. Bob

Ron Howard
10-29-2013, 11:29 AM
first of all I am not complaining, and I did state that I should give them a couple of days to reply in my original post, I was just curious if others have had any problem working with this vendor, I am not trying to bad mouth them in anyway they seemed like nice people at SWAT and I am hoping for a positive outcome

Dick Mahany
10-29-2013, 11:57 AM
Can't speak for the reseller, however I had a few missing / broken pieces on a new Trend Air Shield when I opened the box. An email to Trend USA got a quick response and they shipped the replacement parts to me immediately. I was blown away with Trend's quality of customer service! Since you noticed the flaw when you first opened it, it is reasonable to think it should be covered under the Mfg warranty.

Ron Howard
10-29-2013, 5:05 PM
Dick Mahany; thanks for your response, I am hoping to hear back from Wood World of Texas, if not that was going to be my next step,

Ron Howard
10-30-2013, 5:02 PM
Just a follow-up: I got a call this morning from Wood World of Texas they will be sending me out a new headband, without a doubt very friendly, no questions asked, I will definitely be looking for them at the next wood working show I attend