PDA

View Full Version : Pull Toy from Richard Raffan's New Book

Mike Peace
10-28-2013, 7:27 PM
Richard Raffan has a new book out, Turning Toys which I just got. A pull toy like this is one of the projects in his book.

I really like his books because he provides such good detailed explanation on what, why and how of turning. So I saw this project and just had to make one for my youngest grand daughter, Poet, 2 1/2 years old. The body is Bradford pear, the tail is walnut and the wheels are osage orange. Finish is Mylands friction polish.

Russell Eaton
10-28-2013, 7:31 PM
Very cool toy Mike. I like doing functional projects. Well done, and how was the book?

Robert Henrickson
10-28-2013, 8:41 PM
Nice work! Somehow Amazon hadn't tried to tell me about the book, despite my buying and browsing there. Looks interesting, and I have a 6-year old grandson.

charlie knighton
10-28-2013, 8:54 PM
cool..........

Bill Bukovec
10-29-2013, 1:25 PM
Does he have any toys that are noisy and annoying? I love giving those types of toys to new parents.;)

Joe Hillmann
10-29-2013, 1:50 PM
Does he have any toys that are noisy and annoying? I love giving those types of toys to new parents.;)

You are a bad person. :P

John Teichert
10-29-2013, 11:30 PM
Mike, I agree on the quality of the books that Raffan puts out. The pictures are top notch, and he spends a good amount of time explaining techniques. I'll have to take a look at this latest, no grandkids (or kids for that matter) myself, but friends for whom making toys is a great pleasure.

JT