PDA

View Full Version : Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments

Dennis Peacock
10-28-2013, 9:26 AM
28 Oct 2013

Good Morning Everyone,
Rain and fog has descended upon me this morning. Well, it rained all day yesterday as well. I spent the weekend working at the day job as I was oncall up until 8 AM Central Time this morning. I'm just glad that it's done and that's all I'm going to say about it. ;)

I have a young married couple that has asked me to teach them about woodworking. I will hold their first "class" on 9 Nov in my shop. They are excited about learning woodworking and I'm excited to be able to share my hobby with people. I truly love to teach / show people how to do things...even at the day job, that's my passion is to mentor others in learning and developing new skills that they don't have. To me, it's awesome to help others learn to do things all on their own. So....yea, I'm excited. :)

I'm off work today to recover from the long and hard weekend and that's all from me. So what did YOU do this past weekend?

Best of weeks to you all.!!

Mike Olson
10-28-2013, 9:50 AM
I got my table saw cart completed enough that I transferred the table saw onto it. It's now sitting at 42" to the top so I don't have to slouch too much when using it.
Still have to do some additional bracing and cutting some shelving.
Have to get a link belt as I had to move the motor in about 2 inches to fit better
Hopefully my friend will be done with my Air Compressor soon so I can finish attaching all the shelving boards and ensure the compressor will fit into the cart.

edit: I also started cleaning out my half of the garage/shop so I will hopefully be able to get my car in before the snow starts.

Dale Osowski
10-28-2013, 9:57 AM
I got an Oak log milled up Saturday morning.

Matt Meiser
10-28-2013, 10:59 AM
Saturday, a long day working over at my parents with a contractor friend. First two hours of the day were spent installing an invisible fence system for our dogs who spend a lot of time over there. That actually went surprisingly fast with 4 of us working on it. I bought a blade for my lawn edger that cuts a 3/4" wide kerf in the grass.. A couple passes were necessary to get it clean but still pretty fast. They installed wire and closed up the trench while I moved on to the hardest part which was crossing the gravel drive that has probably been a drive since before cars. A pick axe dug through it eventually, we installed some PVC conduit, made a splice, installed the controller and were all set. We then fixed the furnace in their garage (turned out the gas has been off since their generator was installed 18 months ago...) Then we turned to installing the cabinetry in their laundry and master bath as I posted here (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?209420-Bath-and-laundry-cabinetry). Kind of an odd day when a shovel, lawn edger, and miter saw are needed to complete the day's work! Luckily I only had to run home to use the shop once during that time. I was sore and exhausted by the time we returned home, unloaded the truck and put everything away.

Sunday, church, Costco, middle-school football semi-finals (they won!), and a school auction meeting consumed the day other than about 45 minutes I got in the shop to mill stock for one remaining piece of my parents' project that I couldn't plan until everything else was in place.

Doug Richardson
10-28-2013, 12:24 PM
Garage sale Friday & Saturday. Sold an old (90's or so) Craftsman router table, but my dad's old Craftsman table saw from the late 40's early 50's didn't sell. Looks like I might have a restoration project in the future.....

Shawn Pixley
10-28-2013, 9:52 PM
I had to ask my staff to work Saturday, so no shop time there. Sunday was a mix of preparing for winter an finishing up two projects - a wedding gift and the slab bench for the front entry. Sunday LOML and I had date night with dinner and a movie.

John Sanford
10-29-2013, 5:02 PM
Ohhh, that looks sweet. I am busy being jealous ... how long do you think it will be before you'll be using it?

John Sanford
10-29-2013, 5:06 PM
Took delivery of Papa Griggio (see other thread) and his friends (an upcoming thread) on Saturday. Cleaned up Papa and the shop on Sunday.