PDA

View Full Version : No power

Lance Mills
10-27-2013, 7:22 PM
Wow so yesterday I called for anyone with the same machine as mine to say hi, must have scared the gremlins in my machine as today there's no power going to the tube, not registering any output on the mA meter and no laser dot with the laser shoot button. Its been gradually losing beam intensity over the last month and I thought the bulb was on the way out so I replaced the bulb with the spare I had this morning but no change. Does this sound like processor problem? Motherboard maybe? Anyone else had issues like this?

HELP PLEASE!!!

Larry Bratton
10-27-2013, 7:59 PM
Hi Lance
Might be helpful if you posted more info such as the brand of the machine etc. Most of us here post that information in our signatures. All brands of machines are different, so one size doesn't fit all.

Dave Sheldrake
10-27-2013, 8:50 PM
Foshan 80 watt from memory,(generic Chinese)

Check the door switch and flow sensors.

Take the final lens out and clean the top of it (that will cause the gradual degradation of beam power) , if the tube had failed the HV will usually arc to the machine chassis so in the absence of that I wouldn't start worrying about the tube just yet. Make sure the machine is off for at least 2 hours then check the screw connections to the main driver card where the wires go in (the trigger wire may be loose) Avoid the big red wire on the HV supply, it can keep a charge sometime after it's switched off for quite a while.

Lets eliminate the simple things first.

cheers

Dave

Lance Mills
10-27-2013, 9:41 PM
Hi Larry, the machine is made by Foshan Beyond Laser Technology Co., Ltd. and the model is HS S9060, thats all I can find reference to, I know you guys all talk about 'Rabbit' or Shenui?? ets but I don't have a brand as such other than the manufacturer. Dave is right, its 80 watt Co2 and when working it seems great.
Dave thanks for that, I'll work through the wires and come back. I clean the lens and mirrors religiously. Step by step is good :-)

Kev Williams
10-28-2013, 10:57 AM
My New Hermes laser displays problems on its LCD screen. Earlier this year after no problems, I turned the machine on to find nothing but the words GENERAL LASER FAULT on the screen. Other than the light and fans, totally dead. My problem was the power supply. Worked one minute, nothing the next...

Paul hardy
10-31-2013, 7:24 PM
A couple of dead simple things to check that hit us recently.... if you have a chiller, and it's not turned on, the laser may not fire.

We lost all power to the machine from one minute to the next one day. After an hour of troubleshooting, I found that the socket for the power cord has a fuse in it and that fuse had blown.