PDA

View Full Version : My Designer Frog Pen

Gary Max
06-03-2005, 5:09 PM
We where joking around about things that can be done with all the new woodworking toyls on the market today. Here is something that I think you find a little different.
There will only be a hundred of these made. The lazer work was done by Ken Nelson over at Kallenshaan Woods. The pen is made from Cedar and the finish is TSW.

Michael Stafford
06-03-2005, 5:55 PM
Gary, I love 'em! I like the contrast of the green and the cedar. I love the whimsy of the frog. Very creative!!! ;) :cool: :D

John Miliunas
06-03-2005, 9:28 PM
Hey Gary, that's pretty slick! Neat idea.:) So, after it's laser'd, do you go back and paint in the green or is that something left to the LOYL?:) :cool:

Keith Outten
06-03-2005, 9:42 PM
Gary,

The frog pens are really nice and Ken Nelson is an innovative engraver whose work is always interesting.

Very Cool!!!

John Hart
06-03-2005, 11:05 PM
That is great Gary!! I like whacky frogs but I'm a huge fan of dragons. Any dragons in the future?:rolleyes:

Gary Max
06-04-2005, 1:37 AM
John I just sent Ken the pen barrels and he does the whole thing---engraveing and filling the color in. When I got them back I just built the pens and wipe the down with a soft cloth---to clean off the finger prints.

Gary Max
06-04-2005, 1:42 AM
That is great Gary!! I like whacky frogs but I'm a huge fan of dragons. Any dragons in the future?:rolleyes:

Ken had said something about he had already done dragons for someone--so I am sure that you could have a pen with one . His web site is kallenshaanwoods.com. If I can help in any way just drop me a PM

Dawn Sunkle
06-04-2005, 6:30 PM
Very cool.
Thanks for sharing your fun project.

Dawn