PDA

View Full Version : Help removing Comodo Internet Security Premium

Clarence Martin
10-26-2013, 8:34 PM
How do you remove that program ? Tried every which way and NOTHING I HAVE TRIED WORKS ! It's off the desktop, but still in the programs file. How do I get that program out ?

Rudy Ress
10-27-2013, 7:21 AM
If you have Windows, did you try to go to Control Panel and then to Programs (Add/Remove programs)?

Chuck Wintle
10-27-2013, 8:00 AM
If you have Windows, did you try to go to Control Panel and then to Programs (Add/Remove programs)?

what Rudy said!

Clarence Martin
10-27-2013, 9:48 AM

Oh, I tried that . SEVERAL times!:( This what I get:

1. When I went into programs , I see the Comodo Internet Security Premium program in the list of programs . BUT there is a bit of a difference . The program is showing up like a white square piece of paper with a bent right edge..

2. I click uninstall , and it says preparing to remove.

3. Then , it says please wait while Windows prepares to uninstall.

4. Then, a rectangle box pops up on the screen from Comodo Internet Security that says

" A network error occured while attempting to read from the file :C\Windows\Installer\cis_setup_x86.msi"

Then, I press ok , and then the uninstaller basically stops the uninstall and I am back where I started.

Chuck Wintle
10-27-2013, 10:06 AM
can you just delete the program file in the programs directory? Google how to remove comodo internet security...you may have missed some steps.

Clarence Martin
10-27-2013, 10:12 AM
Tried that. The Comodo setup wizard tried to do it, but got the same response.

Clarence Martin
10-27-2013, 10:30 AM
Went into properties , and found that the program file is 2.45 KB

Chuck Wintle
10-27-2013, 10:40 AM
you can try revo uninstaller freeware...this is supposed to remove anything.

Myk Rian
10-27-2013, 2:10 PM
I used ccleaner to get rid of it in the registry, AFTER uninstalling it, and making sure the program folder was gone.
https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download/standard