PDA

View Full Version : Jet Tech Support comes through AGAIN!

Dominic Greco
06-03-2005, 2:55 PM
Hi Everyone,

What with all the bad news we hear about companies skimping on customer service, I'd like to post some good news about the terrific service I've gotten from Jet Tools.

Last night while adjusting my 18" bandsaw's lower blade guide assembly, the casting that holds the lower thrust bearing in place cracked right at the set screw hole (Jet p/n: JWBS20-360).

After bringing it into work and using the QC/QA department's instruments to examine it closely, I could see that the casting seemed to exhibit the signs of having porosity problems (air bubbles that get into the molten steel can cause weak points in a casting).

So today I called Jet Tools Technical Service Department (1-800-274-6846). I was connected to Richard Gleaves, a technical service agent there, and described the situation to him. All he needed was the model, serial, and stock number. The next thing I know, a new bracket is being sent off to me free of charge! I made sure to thank him and mentioned that I would make sure I'd tell my my friends about this.

This is the reason that I feel a heck of a lot more piece of mind when I spend my hard earned cash on a Jet Tool. I know that if something goes wrong, they will stand behind it.

Ted Shrader
06-03-2005, 3:05 PM
Dom -

That is good news. Thanks for posting a positive feedback!

Ted

Greg Narozniak
06-03-2005, 4:01 PM
When I had my Powermatic 64A one of the wings would not bolt up square. One call to them (This was right after Jet bought Powermatic) I had a new wing in 2 days.

Great people to deal with

Jim Becker
06-03-2005, 4:15 PM
Although I'm down to one Jet machine at this point (my LT TS), my experience with their customer service was always excellent. No question I'll continue to recommend them for anyone's short list when shopping for tools.

Kelly C. Hanna
06-03-2005, 8:36 PM
I love hearing about these good service stories. Thanks for posting and glad they came through for you!

Ken Salisbury
06-04-2005, 8:14 AM
This is the reason that I feel a heck of a lot more piece of mind when I spend my hard earned cash on a Jet Tool. I know that if something goes wrong, they will stand behind it.

Something I have know for a long time -- that is why my shop is primarily Jet :)

Thomas Prondzinski
06-04-2005, 8:29 AM
Ditto what Ken said,thats why most of my shop is Jet.

Tom