PDA

View Full Version : Acuride slide problem

guy knight
10-24-2013, 9:19 PM
i had this large job that required 38 drawers and they wanted side mount softclose slides i usually use kv or repon
this time i got a great deal on acuride softclose side mounts went to install the the drawers get over half installed and most are over half are not closing
i call the rep out they tell me they need to be 1/16 gap exact well they already are so i install the the other drawers perfectly 1/16 and they dont work so i go out and buy 18 new slides repon and they work perfectly just like always
my question is is this normal for acuride soft close side mount slides

Kevin Jenness
10-24-2013, 10:01 PM
Our shop normally uses Blum Tandem self closing undermounts. For some reason on a recent job the project manager spec'd Accuride "soft" close side mounts for some locations- nothing but trouble. I don't know if it's normal, but don't feel inclined to experiment further.

Mike Henderson
10-24-2013, 10:04 PM
Yep, I had the same experience. I just won't use side mount Accuride glides any more.

I couldn't even figure out what causes the ones that fail to fail. I tried changing the spacing in small amounts, checked to make absolutely sure the drawer and opening were square, that everything was level, and still they won't close properly. I gave up.

Mike

Thomas S Stockton
10-24-2013, 10:55 PM
I had the same problem, they are a bad design
Tom

guy knight
10-27-2013, 1:20 AM
good to know i am not the only one i will stick with the repon for side mount sc slides