PDA

View Full Version : size difference: Delta 12/14 VS a unisaw

mark kosse
10-22-2013, 9:56 AM
Just thought someone might find this interesting. I purchased a 1964 DR 12/14 this summer and was just getting around to putting it back together. Putting the table top on was a chore. I had a wing from a delta shaper (same as a uni wing) lying around and put it up next to the 12/14 wing. I was kinda surprised at the difference.

The saw itself was in nice shape. It came with the door, motor cover, miter guage, blade wrench, the original Jet lock style fence and a unifence meant for the 38" table. It's 5hp 3ph and has the originalplinth but it was a little rusty so it's in rehab.

I think I'm going to enjoy it.

David Kumm
10-22-2013, 10:36 AM
Delta Rockwell 12-14 are real deals in the market. I have a rare sliding table version that I am selling due to the recent restore of a Whitney slider. They are a fine saw, take up only a little more room than a 10", but are worth it. Good large miter gauge, big enough for a feeder, and periodically show up in single phase. Those table wings are a rare find too. Dave

Jim Andrew
10-22-2013, 7:01 PM
I like the bigger table. Have cut lots of box parts on a Powermatic that size.

mark kosse
10-25-2013, 10:58 AM
Do you all find it difficult to use at this size? I'm 6' and right now as it sits on that dolly it is only one inch over it's final height when I add a mobile base. I can see why some folks have that problem with reach on the table.