PDA

View Full Version : can not install lasercad for corel message says close corel but its closed

walter hofmann
10-22-2013, 4:49 AM
Hi all
I had a crash and needed to install the programs . CorelDraw x5 did run now problem but installing lasercad v.6.88 for CorelDraw does not work there comes the message " close corel and try installing again" but corel is already closed.
does anybody know a solution ?
any help
thanks
greetings
waltfl

Mike Null
10-22-2013, 7:22 AM
If you reinstalled the programs did you reinstall the updates for Windows and Corel as well?

Chuck Stone
10-22-2013, 12:07 PM
there comes the message " close corel and try installing again" but corel is already closed.

It could be that Corel is off of your screen, but still (partially) running.
If you're on a Windows machine, call up the Task Manager (Ctrl+Alt+Delete) and see if
it is still running as a background process. Shut it down and see if that lets you install.

Ben Halop
11-07-2013, 1:04 PM
Chuck's advice is sound, that should fix your issue. If you cannot find the process in the Task Manager or something comes up, just restart your PC and retry the installation. Unless you have Corel macroed to open on startup restarting the PC will make sure its closed when you attempt the installation.

walter hofmann
11-07-2013, 3:42 PM
thanks for the advice it did fix this issue.
but now if I wana open or save a file the program runs thru all kinds of extension before it stops,
some of the extension what I can see in the fast run are even Chinese what ever.
its not coming directly from Corel it seems to be a window 7 problem and I could not find a solution
maybe someone knows something
greetings
waltfl