PDA

View Full Version : new Stubby lathe finally arrived

sascha gast
06-03-2005, 6:04 AM
oh boy what a day. i got my Stubby 1000 delivered yesterday, unpacked it, cleaned the gunk off and set it in it's new place.........by myself. i just took a few pieces off and it was ok, but just the base alone is 400 pounds. the whole thing is about 800#. man i love this thing. i did have a few problems to get it running, i had to disconnect the cable from the controller to the motor take some wire mesh off and put it back on, that was today, so i just heard the sound of my new lathe spinning tonight. it's awesome, put a really unbalanced piece on and started the lathe. at around 600rpm i noticed a bit of wobble, the nova only handled something like this at 300 rpm ish.
the newer stubbys come with a digital readout.

ok, here a few pics of my new love

sascha

John Hart
06-03-2005, 6:10 AM
Wow Sasha! That is pretty impressive! Congratulations. Looks like a couple hundred years of pure ecstasy!

John Miliunas
06-03-2005, 7:56 AM
Wow, Sasha! That looks totally awesome. I can't wait to see product coming off that unit. Yeah, I'd have to say 800# should be substantial enough to absorb most any unbalanced load on the chuck! I'm absolutely positive that you're going to enjoy the heck outta' that spinny thing!:D Now, let's see some of your gorgeous work coming off that bad boy!!!:) :cool:

Sparky Paessler
06-03-2005, 8:20 AM
WOW, color me green with envy. That looks like a great machine! Makes my little jet 1236 look sad. Someday soon I will have to upgrade. I know that you will Love turning on that. Can't wait to see some of your new work!

Mark Singer
06-03-2005, 8:42 AM
Sascha,
Great looking lathe....I know you will put it to great use! Can't wait to see some of your turnings...

John Shuk
06-03-2005, 9:10 AM
Wow nice engine block..I mean lathe. I spent a few minutes turning on one at a club meeting. It is one sweet machine. I can't wait to see your work on it either.
John

Ernie Nyvall
06-03-2005, 10:06 AM
Congratulations Sascha! That's a great looking machine. I've only heard about them. Good job getting that thing set up.

Ernie

Jim Becker
06-03-2005, 4:21 PM
Congratulations, Sascha! Welcome to the Stubby club!!! Boy...now you have me wishing I sprung for the 1000. That's a sweet machine and the inboard swing is just incredible. Bill did a nice job with the electronics, too...adding the readout is a nice touch. Enjoy!

Bill Esposito
06-03-2005, 9:21 PM
Moderator, please delete this post because it is causing undue anxiety, stress, and heart palpitations.

Oh, and did I mention envy?

sascha gast
06-03-2005, 11:57 PM
hehehehe

thanx guys