PDA

View Full Version : Boss Laser LS-1415

brian saban
10-21-2013, 10:38 PM
Does anyone have any reviews or feedback on the Boss laser LS-1415, the print drivers or support of there company? Haven't been able to find much, but they are located in the US (although judging by the attractive price I'm guessing there Chinese units) Any feedback would be appreciated by this newbie.

Brian

Dan Hintz
10-22-2013, 7:52 AM
Here's a short thread from CNCzone:
cnczone.com/forums/general_laser_engraving_cutting_machine_discussion/189120-boss_laser_opinions.html

Post #3 is interesting, from the owner of Hurricane lasers:

They are a start-up out of Florida. A friend of mine started it after seeing what we are doing at Hurricane. 1 or 2 guys importing and playing around at best. No integration with US components like us. We use meller optics and CADLink just developed our own software exclusively for us but can be used with all Leetro controllers. We have the best support and service as you can read on here and sawmill creek. Also, we include a 2 yr warranty on all machines that covers the tube as well.

If memory serves, Hurricane lasers is a former business partner of Full Spectrum Lasers, and if you do a search on FSL I think you'll find some serious problems with them. From what little I've seen/heard about Hurricane, they seem to be okay. But for Hurricane to throw their own friends under the bus like that, well, nearly the entire Chinese reseller market appears to be very cutthroat, with requisite backstabbing and undercutting in full effect. Take it all with a grain of salt, but the devil is in the details.

Still, if you're in the market for a Chinese system, it may make sense to try these guys to see if their warranty is worth anything more than lip service.

Don Mayhew
11-21-2013, 1:06 PM
Does anyone have any reviews or feedback on the Boss laser LS-1415, the print drivers or support of there company? Haven't been able to find much, but they are located in the US (although judging by the attractive price I'm guessing there Chinese units) Any feedback would be appreciated by this newbie.

Brian

This BOSS customer contacted me about trading in a new LS-1220.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irCtaAC4oTM

brian saban
11-22-2013, 11:42 AM
Yeah after a lot of research, I decided to play it safe and went with a epilog. Well worth the money for piece of mind.