PDA

View Full Version : Link Belt

Dale Rodabaugh
06-03-2005, 5:59 AM
Just installed the link belt on my Craftsman table saw.What a difference,it runs as smooth as a new one now.Very little vibration.They are a little pricey,but in my book they are worth the extra few dollars.:D :p :)

Maurice Ungaro
06-03-2005, 8:58 AM
Dale, you'll wonder how you ever got by without it! I'm going to upgrade my bandsaw with one of these real soon!

Lee Schierer
06-03-2005, 9:12 AM
Did you also replace the die cast pullies? The ones on my craftsman were pretty bad. The machined pullies were a far sight better.

And if you haven't already done so, take the time to do a really careful saw alignment. It will cutt like a different saw if you do.

Lee

Jim W. White
06-03-2005, 1:11 PM
Link belts are great. I even have them on my Drill Press! ..much improved! I ran one on my tablesaw for a couple of years before burning it up trying to rip some 8/4 walnut that had a ton of stress in it (way twisty)

When the link belt fried I turned to this option. This guy on EB*y sell a ton of Ridgid parts. I bought a serpentine belt and replacement pullies (very heavy and nicely machined, not pressed) from him which works great on my Craftsman. Very smooth and excellent power transfer. ...and a great price!

Do a search under: Member Profile: woodworkertools

I'm not affiliated with this guy at all. Just very happy with the Ridgid Pulley and belt set-up. His shipping was FAST and I also got a couple of other miscellaneous things I needed for real cheap like a Dado insert and a spare arbor nut and wrench. :D

Dale Rodabaugh
06-03-2005, 3:44 PM
Lee,no I didnt buy the new pulleys.I did however give the saw a good tune-up.Even with the old pressed pulleys it made a world of difference.:cool: :cool: :cool: