PDA

View Full Version : Time Warner Cable Internet price after promotional time period has expired

Clarence Martin
10-19-2013, 12:26 AM
For those that have Time Warner cable internet, what did your internet bill go up to after the 12 months were up ?

ray hampton
10-19-2013, 2:35 PM
my internet service [insight ] sold out to Times Walmer maybe 6 months ago , tw increase the bill first thing

Brian Libby
10-19-2013, 3:46 PM
They will increase - sometimes you can negotiate a lower price!

Dale Fitzgerald
10-19-2013, 4:28 PM
Basic Internet is 52.99. I do not remember what promotional price was. We did negotiate with them once and they dropped the price quite a bit but over the years the price slowly increases. Guess it's time to negiate again.

Brian Elfert
10-19-2013, 4:46 PM
Comcast service has gotten really expensive too. Comcast used to be willing to extend promotional pricing to existing customers. They claimed to have quit doing that about a year ago. Last winter I took my equipment over to the local Comcast/Xfinity office and said I wanted a better rate or cancel my service. I went back and forth with the guy for about 15 minutes before he finally gave me the same promotional rate I had been getting.

Myk Rian
10-19-2013, 9:32 PM
We tell Comcast to lower it, or lose us. They do it every time.
You can do it with all of them, if there is AT&T or other in the neighborhood.

Brian Elfert
10-20-2013, 12:18 PM
We tell Comcast to lower it, or lose us. They do it every time.
You can do it with all of them, if there is AT&T or other in the neighborhood.

We have no other cable provider besides Comcast. We do of course have satellite providers.

ray hampton
10-20-2013, 3:18 PM
We have no other cable provider besides Comcast. We do of course have satellite providers.

TIME WARNER is the only provider in this area that I know of and I had a tech to do some maintenance on my cable connection ,the cable office call me later to do a survey, one question was , would I recommended T W to friends and I think that the survey taker got mad when I said NO, how/why recommend this service since there are no other cable service

Curt Harms
10-21-2013, 10:00 AM
Verizon FIOS plans are similar. It's not that the rate goes up but that promotions such as free DVR or discounts of $x/month expire. After a certain time, Verizon is happy to reinstitute discounts if you sign up for a new 12 or 24 month contract.

Sam Layton
10-21-2013, 10:38 AM
I had Time Warner Cable for a few years. They slowly kept going up on the price. I would go and complain, and they would lower the price. I did this several times. Also, the quality of my TV picture was poor. TWC insisted that the quality was fine.

I finally got tired of dealing with them and canceled. I now have Direct TV, and Verizon phone and internet. The quality of my TV picture is fantastic. I now know what HD looks like.

Sam