PDA

View Full Version : Acrylic Necklace Software or Corel Plugin

Chris Edens
10-18-2013, 2:57 PM
Does anyone know if there is software or a Corel plugin that allows you to design a lot of these at once. I just do not think companies sell thousands of these and design them one at a time.

Chris DeGerolamo
10-18-2013, 3:06 PM
I had a customer ask us to quote these. I told her setup would be astronomical (26*26*26) designs! If there's a plugin, I'd be interested also.

Mike Null
10-18-2013, 4:03 PM
that appears to be an engraver's font called interlocking monogram.

If you go to Harold's fonts you can buy similar as pc fonts. http://haroldsfonts.com/groups/monograms/page/2/

Chris Edens
10-18-2013, 4:28 PM
that appears to be an engraver's font called interlocking monogram.

If you go to Harold's fonts you can buy similar as pc fonts. http://haroldsfonts.com/groups/monograms/page/2/

I am referring to the 2 circles used to hold the chain.

Joe Hillmann
10-18-2013, 4:30 PM
Once you have the basic set up you could design one in under a minute. You simply create three different text blocks with the middle letter about 150% the size of the outer two letters and all on the same center line. To make the monogram you then just type the letters in, move the outer two letters in so they overlap, and add two eyelets. Select all the text, convert to curves, select the text and eyelets, and weld it all together.

One issue with the fonts they use is the J I and G all look very similar and when you overlap them with another letter you can't tell them apart.

John Frazee
10-18-2013, 6:06 PM
I bought the font called Vine Monograms and also a circle monogram font for making these. In using the Vine Monogram font, on each one I have to weld and contour a certain percent, and then either put the hole in the center or weld the circles in. I have done enough that I know the right size hole but to save time I do have a corel file in the necklace folder containing the extra parts like the circle holders.

Jesse Anderson
10-18-2013, 11:57 PM
DA FONTS have some intersting things. If you know how to convert them and do a hair line trace and edit it out.. Otherwise i will out source to India for very cheap. have the graphics back in about 24 hours. I have saved a bunch of the Monograms and Decorative fonts. They come in handy.