PDA

View Full Version : Free Mickey Mouse Watches

Rich Riddle
10-18-2013, 9:45 AM
Here are three Lorus Mickey Mouse watches that work that will be shipped for free to members who actually write and chat in the forums. New Energizer batteries installed last weekend. All have kept good time since then. I used them for shop watches (they're inexpensive) but have reverted to using old Gruen winders in the shop these days. There is an old Benrus watch that stopped ticking if you want that. The rectangular tank watch will need a 18mm band installed but works great. The one that looks like a chronograph shows you if it's 0900 or 2100 (for instance) in one of the sub-dials, the minutes in another sub-dial, and the seconds in a third. Essentially, the sub-dials don't offer any more information than the main watch unless you're in an enclosed space and don't know morning from evening.

As a side note, when replacing batteries on watches it was amazing the only ones that worked were Lorus, Seiko, and Citizen models. All the Fossil, Guess, and other boutique brands died hard and weren't worth fixing. Here are two pictures for you to decide if you want any of them. Please post in here if you want one and then send a private message. The e-mail service isn't working at the moment. Thanks.

Bruce Volden
10-18-2013, 9:56 AM
Rich,

I'm 60 years old and remember getting a red banded MM watch when I was 5 or 6 yo! Of course then, there were no such things as batteries for watches. I realized after posting this I reached my 1,oooth post!

Bruce

Rich Riddle
10-18-2013, 10:09 AM
Rich,

I'm 60 years old and remember getting a red banded MM watch when I was 5 or 6 yo! Of course then, there were no such things as batteries for watches. I realized after posting this I reached my 1,oooth post!

Bruce

Bruce,

I would be more than happy to send you one if you want. Congratulations on post 1,000.

Rick Potter
10-18-2013, 11:34 AM
Rich,

I would love to have one, if still available. My choices would be first the chronograph in the center, followed by the one on the left, finally the rectangular one.

Love MM stuff, and it would go well with my tooled leather wallet (Roy Rogers style), that I have used for over 20 years.

I will send a PM.

Rick Potter

Phil Thien
10-18-2013, 12:02 PM
What a neat offer. I don't use or collect them, but I've been to DW now at least six or seven times. My kids are grown now, but the family was just blessed with a new baby and we're looking forward to starting the trips again in a couple of years.

Rich Riddle
10-18-2013, 12:12 PM
The Lorus chronograph is on the way to Rick in California. Other two Mickey Mouse watches and Benrus still up for grabs.

Rick Potter
10-18-2013, 12:47 PM
Great!

Thanks Rich.

Rick Potter

Rich Engelhardt
10-18-2013, 5:16 PM
If the one on the far left is still available, I'm in!

My Citizen quit on me almost two years ago & I've just been using the clock on the cell phone & the one in the dash of the van.

I remember those back from when I was a kid!

Great offer!

Rich Riddle
10-18-2013, 5:17 PM
Rich,

Send me an e-mail with your address and the watch will be mailed to you tomorrow morning. Hope you enjoy it.

Rich Riddle
10-18-2013, 5:19 PM
Just so you folks know, I found a good condition black leather watch band in the drawer and installed it on the remaining Mickey rectangular tank watch by Lorus.

Myk Rian
10-18-2013, 5:25 PM
I used to have a MM watch, and later a Hopalong Cassidy watch. Don't know what happened to either one of them.
Got one left I could pass along to a Grandchild?

Rich Riddle
10-18-2013, 5:34 PM
I used to have a MM watch, and later a Hopalong Cassidy watch. Don't know what happened to either one of them.
Got one left I could pass along to a Grandchild?

Myk,

I have the one left that is on the right. It's a good child's watch. Just put a band on it earlier. If you supply an address in an e-mail, I will send it to you in the morning.

Rich

Rich Riddle
10-18-2013, 5:35 PM
That said, all the Mickey watches found new homes. Anyone interested in the old Benrus can have it. If not, it will just go back in a drawer. Have a great day.

Myk Rian
10-18-2013, 6:04 PM
That's wonderful, Rich. Thanks.
PM on the way.

Rich Riddle
10-18-2013, 6:30 PM
Myk,

Here is the watch with the band attached.

Bruce Volden
10-18-2013, 8:24 PM
Rich,

You are very generous to offer the timepieces. I on the other hand just don't wanna know how much time is left for me:0

Bruce

Rick Potter
10-22-2013, 3:22 AM
Rich,

Got the watch in todays mail. Thanks a lot, I love it. Only problem is that it's three hours fast :p.

Rick P.

Oh, wait....I get it, it runs on Disney WORLD time, not Disney LAND time :D.

Myk Rian
11-14-2013, 12:30 PM
Little Mary absolutely loves her watch. She really is a Mickey Mouse freak. Has quite a collection of MM stuff.
Thanks, Rich. It made her day.

Bill Clark De
11-15-2013, 6:16 AM
I have a grand child who would fight a dragon for one
Bill

Dave Verstraete
11-15-2013, 6:34 AM
It's too early for Christmas!

Rich Engelhardt
12-26-2013, 5:31 AM
Well - I thought I'd pass this along.
My niece is the worlds biggest Mickey fan.
She was all grins from ear to ear when I gave her the watch!

Thanks for making a very special Christmas for a special person possible!
The timing couldn't have been better either.
She's really feeling down this year because she has to go in for surgery in a couple of weeks.

The watch took her mind off that for a few moments.