PDA

View Full Version : CorelDraw Zoom Issue

John Bion
10-18-2013, 8:20 AM
Hi all,
I am having a problem with my screen zooming in or out to much and then I get a little window pop up to tell me that the zoom has exceeded its limits and the window will be re-set. this has become annoying due to it's frequency. I have looked at my mouse settings and cannot slow it down any lower but this has not helped. I am using an iMac with a 'Magic Mouse' but this problem also manifests itself on a PC too.
Has anyone else had this problem and is there a solution? I am sure that I am being daft and there is a simple solution.
Thanks and Kind Regards,273192
John

Dan Hintz
10-18-2013, 8:25 AM
How big is your design? Does this happen on all projects or just one?

Also, try doing a "select all" and see if there are any elements waaaaay off of the drawing board. Sometimes a fat finger of the keyboard can put an object in the wrong place (somewhere off of the board).

John Bion
10-18-2013, 8:39 AM
How big is your design? Does this happen on all projects or just one?

Also, try doing a "select all" and see if there are any elements waaaaay off of the drawing board. Sometimes a fat finger of the keyboard can put an object in the wrong place (somewhere off of the board).
Hi Dan,
Thanks for your reply. Yes, this happens on all projects. Following an idea from what you said I have just tried changing my default paper size, but the same thing occurred. The designs can vary in size from small to large.
Thanks again,
John

Tony Lenkic
10-18-2013, 8:45 AM
Check where your zoom levels are set at. I use my "To Page".

Otherwise, you can revert back to original factory setting holding F8 key on start up.

Dan Hintz
10-18-2013, 8:50 AM
Changing the paper size isn't going to solve the problem. Barring a bug (this is always a possibility with Corel), an object sitting far off of the page is a typical cause of this... that's why I suggested the "select all" check to determine if something is way outside of your viewport.

Have you changed the default page, i.e., have you made changes (such as the paper size, colorspace, etc.) and then saved them as the default page when opening a new project? If so, it's possible one of those "lost" objects was on the paper when you updated the "default", and now it will always be there no matter what changes you make. If that is the case, you have two choices: 1) Hunt down the object and kill it before resaving the page as the default, or 2) Resetting Corel as a whole to defaults with <F8>.

John Bion
10-18-2013, 9:44 AM
Thanks Dan and Tony.
I have been fiddling with settings to get F8 to work at CorelDraw start up on my machine - not having much joy there on my iMac/Parallels (tried various things).
I have opened a new page and tried 'select all' but there is nothing to select - however the zoom problem persists. I have had a pinprick dot issue off my drawing on a previous occasion (which the laser picked up on) so I understand how one could creep in unnoticed.
I have not changed the default page per se, I changed the page size once and then each time I open a new project it automatically uses my previous choice.
How do I set my Zoom Levels? I have not seen a way to do so.
Thank you for your suggestions, they are appreciated.
Kind Regards,
John

Mike Troncalli
10-18-2013, 9:48 AM
I've not found a solution either, but like you I have a Mac with the magic mouse. I think the problem is how the mouse senses your movements. I have often though about just using a regular mouse with a thumb wheel. I may have to play around and see if the Mac could handle two mouses at the same time. But then I would go from a mouse to mice... And you know how bad those buggers can re-populate... Plus they would eat all of my snacks on my desk...

John Bion
10-18-2013, 10:00 AM
I've not found a solution either, but like you I have a Mac with the magic mouse. I think the problem is how the mouse senses your movements. I have often though about just using a regular mouse with a thumb wheel. I may have to play around and see if the Mac could handle two mouses at the same time. But then I would go from a mouse to mice... And you know how bad those buggers can re-populate... Plus they would eat all of my snacks on my desk...
:)
And each time it happens I think 'Oh rats!' but it was the mice after all - and to top it off I have been blaming the children for the peanuts and raisins disappearing.
I too have also considered trying a second mouse , but thought I would ask here first.
Kind Regards,
John

Mike Troncalli
10-18-2013, 10:15 AM
OK... Just plugged in a second wireless mouse to my computer.. Works like a charm... Both mice work but the new mouse with the wheel works perfect in Corel Draw zooming in and out.

Where did those raisins go... shoot....

John Bion
10-18-2013, 10:26 AM
Thanks for that Mike, Did you have to do anything to get your Mac to recognise the mouse?
Kind Regards, John

Mike Troncalli
10-18-2013, 10:36 AM
No, not at all, simply plugged it into one of the USB ports and away it went... I used a DYNEX wireless mouse that I got from Best Buy for around 20 bucks.. But I am sure any one would do.. Your very welcome, but I guess I should thank you for posting. This problem has been a pain in my rear as well but never took the 2 minutes to try this solution until I saw someone else was having the same issues.

Hmmm.. I wonder what those little brown things on my keyboard are? ... :eek:

Post back when you try one on your mac and let us know if it worked out for you.. Or just PM me... there isn't a lot of us using Mac's and Corel Draw.. Even worse is trying to use Corel x5 with Windows 8.1...

Mike Chance in Iowa
10-18-2013, 1:33 PM
I don't have a mac or know what a Magic Mouse is, but have you experimented with the zoom levels under Tools, Options, Workspace, Toolbox, Zoom-Pan Tool to see if that makes a difference?

Different mice behave very different with Corel and the zoom/scroll feature. I found the wheel mice that "click" when you spin them seem to have a lot better control when zooming compared to the ones that spin free.

John Bion
10-18-2013, 1:52 PM
I don't have a mac or know what a Magic Mouse is, but have you experimented with the zoom levels under Tools, Options, Workspace, Toolbox, Zoom-Pan Tool to see if that makes a difference?

Different mice behave very different with Corel and the zoom/scroll feature. I found the wheel mice that "click" when you spin them seem to have a lot better control when zooming compared to the ones that spin free.

Thanks Mike, I have had a look at this menu but have not found a way to alter/control the mouse other than a couple of tick boxes that do not alter the problem at all. Thanks for the tips on mice.
Kind Regards, John

John Bion
10-19-2013, 5:11 AM
Thank you to all for your help and comments... a new mouse (with a click/scroll wheel) seems to have solved the issue. It does seem to be an issue of the iMac 'Magic Mouse' being hyper-sensitive in Corel Draw. It is still possible to 'over zoom' with the new mouse but only if you force the issue, whereas before it did it in the blink of an eye.
Thanks again and Kind Regards,
John

Mike Troncalli
11-01-2013, 10:23 AM
John, Did you ever resolve your issue?

John Bion
11-01-2013, 10:41 AM
Hi Mike,
Yes I did, thanks to your suggestion.
I have, sadly, had to abandon the Magic Mouse as the settings for the different mice are different and it would be cumbersome to keep changing the settings, so I only use the standard USB mouse now as CoralDraw is one of the main programs I use. I have found that the same problem occurs with the Apple 'Trac Pad'. Perhaps CorelDraw will do a Mac version for us at some point :)
Thanks again and Kind Regards,
John

Mike Troncalli
11-01-2013, 10:59 AM
John,
Your welcome. Sorry that you had to give up your magic mouse. I love mine. I am lucky in the fact that I don't use Corel on my Mac a whole lot. I have a dedicated PC for my laser and use it about 80% of the time.

Take care and glad you at least have a solution.