PDA

View Full Version : Ghost CDR Files for Halloween

Keith Outten
10-17-2013, 11:05 PM
I am in the process of routing these two Ghosts to put on my barn for Halloween so I thought there might be a couple people here who might be interested in the files. Mine will be CNC cut from 3/4" thick PVC sheet tomorrow but these could be cut with a laser engraver. If I had the time I would laminate two white pieces of acrylic onto a black acrylic center piece for small interior ghosts.

Ghost 1 is friendly.
Ghost 2 is evil.
Both are Corel 14 files.

Keith Cox
10-18-2013, 2:20 AM
Thank you for the files

Vicki Rivrud
10-18-2013, 6:20 PM
Thanks for the files - the kids will love these!
Vicki

Dave Sheldrake
10-18-2013, 7:58 PM
Cheers Keith,much appreciated :)

Dave

Keith Outten
10-19-2013, 8:43 AM
Well the last couple of days have not turned out as I had planned so I haven't been able to cut the Ghosts yet.

A few years ago I shared some pictures of a Vampire face we call Drac that I cut on my ShopBot, it was cut from black acrylic and backed with white acrylic so I could place it in a large frame and use a backlight. We mounted the frame at the top of our barn in the loft window. The effect was pretty spooky at night.

This year I decided that Drac needed to be rebuilt and some upgrades. The job turned out to be more time consuming than I had expected but it was well worth the effort. I rebuilt the 48" tall aluminum frame, painted it white and installed two new LED light strips......one on each side. I also changed the backing material to make the frame more weather resistant. Last night Jackie and I unveiled the new Drac, he is much brighter now and has the appearance we were looking for plus easy to see from a long distance now.

So this weekend I will try to find some time to cut both of the Ghosts and get them mounted. My schedule is a bit uncertain as we have planned to attend the "Return to the Battle of The Hook" event here in Gloucester County this weekend. "The Hook" was the last battle of the Revolutionary War, just minutes after the battle at Yorktown was over. There will be over 1,500 re-enactors taking part in the battle this weekend and 20 ships. The event is scheduled to take place at Historic Warner Hall here in Gloucester County.

I will share some pictures after the Ghosts are installed.