PDA

View Full Version : lasermax cleanup

Chris J Anderson
10-17-2013, 7:58 AM
Hi,

What products are you finding best for clean up of raster / vector residue on Lasermax type products ?

cheers,
Chris

Don Williams Michigan
10-17-2013, 8:42 AM
Chris,

We have had great success with a product called Rapid Remover sold by sign supply houses. Works great on LaserMax.

However, it seems to leave blemishes on the Rowmark Ultra Grave product. Nothing but dish soap and water on Ultra Grave for me going forward.

Dan Hintz
10-17-2013, 8:59 AM
Mr. Clean's Magic Eraser seems to work for a surprising number of substrates...

Scott Shepherd
10-17-2013, 9:05 AM
Mr. Clean's Magic Eraser seems to work for a surprising number of substrates...

Magic Eraser's creep me out for some reason. Can't handle the texture/feel of them. It's a really weird product.

We use Rapid remover and Rapid Tac to neutralize the rapid remover. Works really well. We have it setup in an ultrasonic cleaner, so we can drop the parts in, come back, dip them in rapid tac and blot dry. Can do 100's of small items in about 5 minutes total.

George M. Perzel
10-17-2013, 10:01 AM
I've had good luck with a number of citrus-based cleaners. Wife bought me some stuff which seems to be lilac-based and smells like one of those house with a red light on them- or so I've been told..........
Best Regards,
George
Laserarts

Joe Hillmann
10-17-2013, 10:57 AM
I use the magic erasers as well

Joe Hillmann
10-17-2013, 10:59 AM
I think rowmark has a video on youtube showing how to clean their products and how to laser them to keep the needed cleanup to a minimum.

Mike Chance in Iowa
10-17-2013, 1:22 PM
Speaking from experience, you don't want to "clean" too much with the Magic Eraser on the lasermax plastic or you will rub off the top layer exposing the core color. That said, the magic eraser works great on those fussy blue/white, white/blue, red/white, white/red colors. I find WD-40 works great on cleaning up lasermax residue.

Kev Williams
10-17-2013, 5:05 PM
Denatured alcohol, 90% isopropyl or Everclear. Alcohol is the ONLY thing I've found that will get that gooey off to suit me. I quit trying other stuff years ago...

Tony Lenkic
10-17-2013, 5:17 PM
If you are trying to remove fine dust not removed by blower then try some application tape medium tack.
Apply and squeegee it on the sheet then peel it off. Most of dust will come off with the tape.

Keith Outten
10-17-2013, 10:48 PM
I agree with Kev, been using Denatured alcohol for years.

john passek
10-18-2013, 12:38 AM
I use Goo be Gone or the magic eraser.

Chris J Anderson
10-18-2013, 1:24 AM
Thanks heaps to all for the replies,

Now to get some of those products to try...

Again - much appreciated...

Cheers,
Chris

Martin Boekers
10-18-2013, 9:15 AM
If you can run your engraving "bottom up" it will help a bit as the fine dust is drawn toward the back of the machine, so in affect you engrave the area that the dust has drawn over it. Less settling in the engraved areas from "top down" engraving.