PDA

View Full Version : what software to create 3D house puzzle?

walter hofmann
10-16-2013, 5:40 AM
Hi all, I wana make some modell houses like doll house and model train houses , what program can be used?? greetings waltfl

Dan Hintz
10-16-2013, 7:49 AM
Take your pic... Google's freebie (well, no longer Google's) is simple enough.

Personally, I think I'd lay it out as a 2D item in Corel... but then again, I've designed like that for years, so I probably think in those terms a little more easily than most.

Frédéric PARROT
10-16-2013, 8:37 AM
exactly width CorelDraw. I make french model train houses, see the picture :
I do it with CorelDraw 2D and I assemble the walls to build in 3D.

Glen Monaghan
10-16-2013, 9:45 AM
I did one in coreldraw, laying everything out in 2D. You can rotate and slide pieces around to ensure parts match sizes, slots and tabs line up correctly, and so forth, but I found it difficult and frustrating to deal accurately with compound cuts such as found on dormer roofs. Currently doing one using Sketchup and 3D layout, building the virtual model as I go. This approach makes it easier to empirically handle the compound joints than with 2D, but I'm new enough at SU that I still get caught by little snafus caused by the idiosyncrasies of the software, causing more rework and experimentation than I'd like. But, I'm encouraged by some of the excellent 3D design examples I've seen others do in SU, so I persevere with it.

Robert Silvers
10-16-2013, 10:34 AM
Maybe this:

http://www.designspark.com/eng/page/mechanical

walter hofmann
10-17-2013, 5:13 AM
thanks to all I will try it. why can I not write like usually with next line on return? greetings waltfl

Peter Meacham
10-17-2013, 8:29 AM
Walter

I click on the left most icon on the tool bar when you are composing a reply or post. The icon has two letter A's on it. That icon changes the edit mode.

Pete

Joe Hillmann
10-17-2013, 11:11 AM
I do all my designing in CorelDraw. I tried using sketch up but had issues when importing the finished design to corel, such as stretched out nodes broken line segments, multiple lines in one area and hidden lines. Maybe a more modern issue of corel would solve those problems. I also had problems in sketch up with getting things to the exact size I wanted and the exact location which was an issue with the tabbed construction.