PDA

View Full Version : Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments

Dennis Peacock
10-14-2013, 8:40 AM
14 Oct 2013

Good Morning Everyone,
Not much from me this week as I've spent considerable time working at the day job working on problems and new setups. I'm hoping for a much quieter week this week at the day job. I'm gearing up for making the LOML Jr a cedar chest for storing her blankets and such. She also wants me to make her some other items that they need for their home, so looks like I will have plenty to do over the winter months.
Spent some time riding motorcycle with my motorcycle group this weekend and we all attended a local church that was holding a "biker Sunday". We had a good time riding with the church group as well as attending their service with them, then it was good food after the service. An awesome day.!!

Well, that's it for me....so what did YOU do this past weekend?

Best of weeks to you all.

Matt Meiser
10-14-2013, 9:07 AM
Saturday I got started with spraying parts for my parents' bath/laundry cabinetry. Only about 2/3 of the parts will fit in my finishing room so I spent some time figuring out what I needed to be able to finish assembling the 2 mobile pieces for which the granite should be delivered late this week (I have to install it so if they are late, they are late) and so I can get the face frames mounted on the fixed pieces which maybe, just maybe means I could deliver and install those sans doors this coming weekend. I spayed a couple coats of WB shellac on Saturday. With luck and hard work, I should be able to get that project done by late next week. We went to see Gravity Saturday evening. Sunday I sprayed the first finish coat on everything in the finishing room then mowed the lawn for what might be the last time this season. Its been an "epic" year for mowing--figured out I've mowed 25 or 26 times this year. Glad I got the new mower last year--saved myself almost 40 hours this year.

David Helm
10-14-2013, 10:39 AM
Spent the second weekend of the local Artist's Studio Tour, in the shop, doors wide open, waiting for people to come in. Had a fire going in the stove, but with the doors open it was a little chilly. Had good traffic and sold ~$500 of small items. I think it was a pretty successful first foray into publicly selling my work.

Adam Diethrich
10-14-2013, 11:25 AM
Well...

I pulled up the last of my baseboards and did final (for me) prep for a ~900 sq ft tile installation. Begins this Saturday :)

A.W.D.

John Sanford
10-14-2013, 6:10 PM
Got added an additional light to the garage/shop, which actually involved putting up new hooks, moving an existing light to the new hooks, and hanging the new light where the other one vacated.

Using the additional lighting, I pulled all the tupperware over my ST1300's engine off, cleaned up the grossly greasy beastie, did an oil change and topped up the coolant, then buttoned the bike back up. Rain this morning kept me from scrubbing in the brand new rear tire....

Sadly, no woodworking, even though I did spend a big chunk of the weekend in the shop...

Shawn Pixley
10-15-2013, 2:17 AM
Spent the weekend alternating between building a new walk-off mat for the front door and caring for SWMBO who has been suffering from the flu (now bronchitis). In the shop, it wasn't my best attempt. I made some silly mistakes. Still it all worked out in the end, but I should have been done a half day sooner.

Ralph Butts
10-15-2013, 6:05 PM
Ok so this weekend I actually made it into the shop after painting a spare bedroom. I constructed a NYWS assembly table, the base of a mitre saw and storage station and I jumped on the bandwagon to create a few sysport clones. Thanks Matt for your post.