PDA

View Full Version : Needed to take my mind off of things

steven c newman
10-13-2013, 9:52 PM
So, I spent a bit of time in the wood shop today. Just something to think about besides these electrodes hanging on my chest and a monitor on my belt. Also, Daughter's apartment went up in flames last night. Just needed a break.

So, I had some 2x10 scrap, and some square (almost) oak scrap. Clamped the 2x into the leg vise on edge. Grabbed a Wards 78, and started to cut a 3/4" rebate along the edge 272914made a lot of curlies272915idea was to make a track for a plane to ride on. Also needed a rebate on one end, too272916Since I want a place to put the stop on. Marked a square line across (on the second try, dang meds) used a backsaw to saw to the line, and depth. A chisel to knock out the waste, and pare almost flat. Followed by a few trips with the 78. The Oak square was long enough to prvide both the stop and a cleat to clamp this thing to the bench. 272917handsaw to cut the cleat off. A block plane to trim the stop square to the track. About an hour and a half to make a cheap-assed chuting board. Since i rarely do miters anymore, just needed the 90 degree stop. Seems to work well, for the price of taking my mind off other things...

Bruce Mack
10-13-2013, 10:07 PM
Good for you. I'm a worrier and often let much less stop me cold. I hope you and your daughter come out of this well.