PDA

View Full Version : Felder FB 510 bandsaw

Gary Akeson
10-13-2013, 4:53 PM
I purchased a brand new Felder FB 510 bandsaw and when i use the fence to cut a straight piece, the blade pulls the wood away and i end up cutting on a angle . I am using a 3/8 blade.

Curt Harms
10-14-2013, 11:03 AM
Can you run the blade in the center of both wheels? This may not be important but I've had the best luck with it, you can vary the drift by moving the blade tracking on the wheels. Others says you must adjust the fence so the fence is parallel to a given blade's drift. The other thing would be to try another blade. I have no idea what kind of blade comes on a high end saw like the Felder but with more pedestrian brands, the blade that comes on the saw isn't the highest quality. If you search bandsaw blades, you can find several supplier recommendations. Alex Snodgrass and Michael Fortune are two people often referenced when it comes to bandsaws and blade tracking. Alex Snodgrass has a youtube video which is often referenced. If you don't have one, there are a couple bandsaw books, one by Lonnie Bird and one by Mark Duginske which are well regarded.

Erik Loza
10-14-2013, 11:17 AM
"Inadequate blade tension" would be my first guess. Probably not tracking; all the Euro saws have flat wheels.

Erik Loza
Minimax USA

Gus Dundon
10-14-2013, 4:55 PM
Make sure that the you have correctly tensioned the band saw blade. Band saw blade have a tendency to wander while
making a cut using a rip fence . This happens due to dull blade or guides are not properly adjusted.