PDA

View Full Version : Epilog 64 Bit Driver Problem

Chris J Anderson
10-12-2013, 8:13 PM
Hi to All,

I have contacted Epilog for support, and had one reply which simply asked if I was installing the driver manually or automatically, and now they have stopped responding, not even replying to my emails.
This is my second Epilog Laser I have purchased, and I am disappointed in their support to be honest, no reply is not acceptable.

So I am posting here in the hope that somebody here can assist with my issue, which is as follows, exactly as I wrote to their support people...

Hi,
I cant install the 64 bit drivers into a virtual machine on win 7.

I can get it to the point where the installer asks for a file called "EpilogWin32GPC.pcd", but this file is not provided when i download the drivers, and it doesn't seem correct that its asking for a file with 32 in it.
Theres a file there called EpilogWin64GPC.pcd, but the installer asks for the 32 bit version.

I have the 32 bit version running in a virtual machine on XP, but need to migrate to win7 as mcAfee are dropping support for XP.

Any help appreciated.
Has anybody here had the same issue installing the driver on a 64 bit system using Win 7.

Cheers,
Chris

Mike Lysov
10-12-2013, 9:25 PM
If you mean Windows virtual PC built in Windows 7 or so-called XP-mode as far as I know they are 32bit, not 64bit.
In other words no matter whether you are running Windows 7 32bit or 64Bit, if you turn on XP virtual PC feature in windows 7 it will be running as 32 bit.

rich shepard
10-13-2013, 12:35 PM
I found that you can install software in the virtual mode but not hardware' So it's not a Epilog problem it is a Microsoft problem, one they don't tell you about. I spent hours on the phone with support to see if we could get it to work with no luck. I went a got a used XP machine just to run the laser

Chris J Anderson
10-13-2013, 5:45 PM
Rich and Mike,
thanks for replies, Sorry, I should have been clearer...

I am running win7 in a virtual machine, using fusion on a mac.
I also have winXP running in a virtual machine on the same mac, which operates fine, but mcafee are dropping support for XP so I wanted to upgrade.
When I purchased win7 at the local PC shop, he talked me in to buying 64bit version.

Corel runs fine etc, I just have the issue when trying to install the USB driver.
I don't want to use Ethernet as the card on my laser has failed, and Epilog agent here wants $1800 for a new card, which is daylight robbery.

not sure if I can reinstall win7 32 bit from same cd, will check today.

Cheers,
Chris

Mike Troncalli
10-13-2013, 5:53 PM
Chris,

Not to move away from your original thread here, but.. If you are running on a Mac and you are using mac mail and Safari (or even firefox, etx) for your browser you really don't have a lot to worry about getting a virus on the Windows side. I run a Mac with Parallels and 64 bit Windows 7...

Chris J Anderson
10-13-2013, 6:21 PM
Hi Mike,
Understood, I will probably just stay with XP for as long as I can.

I wish Corel had a mac version...

Cheers,
Chris

Mike Troncalli
10-13-2013, 6:39 PM
I know what you mean. I use my Mac side for almost everything I do. The only programs I use the Windows side for is Corel and Quickbooks. If you really want virus protection you can try Avast. It is free and one of the most recommended out there. I do use a dedicated Win 7 computer for my laser but I also have a copy of Corel on my Mac since I have the 27" screen on it. I make my drawings and just save them in Dropbox, walk over to the laser computer and pull the file from there and send it to my laser driver.

Chris J Anderson
10-13-2013, 8:50 PM
Cheers Mike,

I have Corel in both win7 and winxp on my mac, and the win7 is much nicer to use.

I will stay on xp.

Am still disappointed in Epilog not responding though...

cheers,
Chris