PDA

View Full Version : The Triumphant Return of the Festool TS-55REQ Track Saw...

Dave Kirby
10-12-2013, 9:57 AM
Has anyone heard when we can expect the triumphant return to market of the Festool TS-55REQ track saw? I had heard a rumor that the "new and improved" version would be back available in stores sometime mid to late October 2013. Anyone hear this or something different and/or more definitive? I'm hoping to purchase a new one soon and I want to make sure that the problem has been all ironed out first. Thanks everyone!

Mark Carlson
10-12-2013, 11:41 AM
I got the email below this week from festool dealer bob marino:

As most of you were aware, there was a problem with the plunge mechanism onFestool's TS 55 REQ Plunge Cutting Track Saw. Short story; problem solved.

We are getting our supply shortly and the product will be available for shipment on October 23.

Dave Kirby
10-12-2013, 11:55 AM
I got the email below this week from festool dealer bob marino:

As most of you were aware, there was a problem with the plunge mechanism onFestool's TS 55 REQ Plunge Cutting Track Saw. Short story; problem solved.

We are getting our supply shortly and the product will be available for shipment on October 23.

Thanks so much for the info Mark! I appreciate it! I will be looking forward to getting one this month if all goes according to plan! Hope there's not a huge waiting list. ;)

Mark Carlson
10-12-2013, 3:06 PM
Your welcome. I deleted the email but remembered it when I saw your post. I wasn't aware they had an issue with the plunge mechanism. I have the original version of the track saw and like it.

~mark

Dave Kirby
10-12-2013, 6:45 PM
Yeah I guess there was a big deal about it and Festool ordered all vendors to pull them from the shelves. Just my luck it was when I was just about to pull the trigger on one, so I had to wait a few months longer, but I'm glad they got it ironed out and I'll be able to get one of the post recall units and hopefully there will be no further issues.