PDA

View Full Version : For those who've bought straight from China--

Kev Williams
10-10-2013, 11:18 PM
-- How in thee world did you ever find enough information to make a decision? I've been trying to find some (in my opinion) useful info about lasers from Rabbit, Shenhui, and Triumph, and the websites are seriously lacking...

I know Rabbit's are sold here, but Rabbit's online info is bare-bones, and the "gallery" of 300 pixel photos leaves me wanting.

But those 300 pixel photos are better than the almost no extra photo's of Triumph's or Shenhui's. No prices for Triumph and Shenhui. Bare-bones info, no "real world" info about what the machine can do, just specs and generalities, especially Shenhui. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place..

Tried to use the "get your offer now" button for info on a Triumph 1390, but after filling out the paper and hitting "publication", I get this:

http://www.engraver1.com/erase2/ok.jpg

ummm, ok... and then back to the info page it takes me. Pretty frustrating, as I don't have a lot of time to "shop". I hope I get some replies to my emails..

Kev Williams
10-11-2013, 12:56 AM
Well, I DID get a quick reply from Yolanda at Triumph, and pretty pleased with it I might add, as far as prices. I got prices on a few options, so I AM getting some useful info! But I'll be inquiring about other options, such as upgraded chiller and higher watt tube, and shipping costs, etc...

I'm amazed that the base price of this machine is about $400 less than the price of JUST a new power supply for my Gravograph...

Larry Robinson
10-11-2013, 7:55 PM
I bought direct from G Weike and all went well.

Rodne Gold
10-12-2013, 12:21 AM
I went and visited the Shenhui factory - was mucho impressed...
Ordered 2 machines , been running non stop for 2.5 years and no issues.
Read the sticky thread at the top of the page ---lots of info there about buying a laser direct.

Frank barry
10-12-2013, 3:23 PM
Hi I bought my laser from china in fact I buy most of what I use and sell from that side of the world
And I have never had to wait more than a few hours for a reply in fact in most cases they check there emails when they are at home and will reply
I believe we could all learn from their customer service

Frank

Robert Silvers
10-12-2013, 3:58 PM
Yes, people sometimes warn other away from buying from China, because you won't get the support of a US company. But sometimes I wonder if I get better support and response time from the Chinese companies. There is a different vibe - like the employees there act like they really want your business as if they are owners themselves. Whereas here, unless you are talking to the owner or someone on commission, the employees - while nice and courteous - there is something missing - like in the end they don't really care what you do.

Robert Silvers
10-12-2013, 4:04 PM
Maybe there needs to be one thread of companies that have credible user-verified positive experiences with? I ended up with Triumph on my own, but it sounds like, had I known about them, I could have also went with Shenhui or G Weike. I didn't even get quotes from them but should have.

Frank barry
10-12-2013, 4:25 PM
for what it is worth I found no one who came even close to Shenhui no matter what I would throw at them they were back with an answer very often hours after they finished work I found the main stream suppliers almost impossible to get a reply from even after sending a few emails I will write a review of my experience at a later date as it might be of help to others Frank

Robert Silvers
10-12-2013, 4:36 PM
That sounds great. I will tell my friends to check them out. I have no basis to compare my experience with that in any meaningful way, but I will say that when I had what I thought was a software problem with Triumph, they correctly diagnosed it by my email description, and told me how change my inputs to make it work. I actually figured it out before they replied, but I didn't tell them as I wanted to see what they said.

Dave Sheldrake
10-12-2013, 5:39 PM
The only common problem with China can be the end point when they run out of ideas, if the "Checklist" is exhausted you can end up on your own.

Lucy Lee @ Weike
Lucy Hui @ Shenhui
Frank Wang @ EXlas
Zong Lee @ HX
Piero @ Sintecoptronics

All fantastic to deal with and some of the most helpful people I know.

cheers

Dave

Mikah Barnett
10-12-2013, 11:44 PM
I bought direct from G Weike and all went well.

+1 Delivery took longer than anticipated (container got flagged for random customs inspection) but I had my machine here within about 8 weeks of sending cash away. All in all I'm quite happy with my purchase.

Bill Cunningham
10-14-2013, 1:22 PM
+1 Delivery took longer than anticipated (container got flagged for random customs inspection) but I had my machine here within about 8 weeks of sending cash away. All in all I'm quite happy with my purchase.

A 'random' customs inspection? Your lucky.. Every container that enters Canada is inspected(at least the ones on the left coast are), and the importer is charged(HST tax added for the charge as well) for the inspection based on the volume your part of the container is using, and it ain't cheap! It's also a great money making scheme for the Canadian government.

Kev Williams
10-14-2013, 1:45 PM
Can someone tell me how to look at a Shenhui laser somewhere OTHER than Alibaba's website?

Mark Senior
10-14-2013, 2:54 PM
I got a PDF from them for the model I was interested in but only with one picture in it.

Rich Harman
10-14-2013, 6:21 PM
Their website url that I have is en.shenhuilaser.com, however it does not seem to be working right now.

David Takes
10-14-2013, 9:32 PM
http://www.shenhui.cc/english/

Walt Langhans
10-15-2013, 3:45 PM
Also you can get hold of Shenui Reps via skype, you just need to realize and adjust for the time difference.

Kev Williams
10-15-2013, 7:35 PM
Dave's posted web address isn't working either...

Dan Hintz
10-16-2013, 7:25 AM
Dave's posted web address isn't working either...

Works for me when I tried it just now. Remember, access to Chinese websites is very spotty at times.