PDA

View Full Version : Performax 16-32 Drum Sander

George Bokros
10-09-2013, 5:56 PM
Found one that would cost me including acquisition cost (fuel for truck) ~$700 and a day of my time. It is clean and has the in feed and out feed tables and the caster set. I do not know if it has Smart Sand or not yet or if any paper or other items are included, waiting for an answer from the seller on Craigslist.

Would you consider this a good buy? I know you have to take into account how bad you want it.

Thanks

George

Matt Meiser
10-09-2013, 6:24 PM
Going to take a wild guess and assume this is the one in Warren. I'm in my shop so I compared the pics to mine which does have Smart Sand. Mine has a huge sticker that says Smart Sand above the knob. The knob is closer to the end of the control box with the switch. So I'll guess no, and say its not a good buy.

Woodwerks in Columbus has their fall Expo tomorrow through Saturday and all their machinery is 10% off. Might be worth a call to see what their regular in-store price is (hint, probably better than online ;))

George Bokros
10-09-2013, 6:44 PM
You are correct Matt it is the one in Warren. So you are saying it does not appear to have Smart Sand from what you can tell comparing it to yours. I would like to stay at no more than $600. I am guessing the best price from WoodWerks would be in the $950 range including tax plus fuel for my round trip. I will call them tomorrow to check.

Thanks Matt, you always have good advice and insight.

Hartville Hardware will be having their fall sale next month and they also have 10% off most everything in the store and they are only about 40 minutes from me. I can wait for their sale since I am not in a hurry for it, just looking for a bargain.

Dave Zellers
10-09-2013, 8:50 PM
But it's lightly used! Not to mention it's the extremely rare Performex sander.

Craigslist can be a valuable resource but I keep it on a very tight leash. Misspelling is not a big problem but it always raises an eyebrow.

Over pricing the item raises the other, and that's all the eyebrows I've got.

Mike Cutler
10-10-2013, 5:28 AM
George

I sold a Performax 16-32 a few years back. I sold it with the mobile cart, casters, a spare infeed belt, extended infeed/outfeed rollers, and close to 50 rolls of various paper. The machine was in excellent condition with no parts missing. I sold it for $550.00.
I was either extremely generous, or $700.00 for what you're looking at may be a little high in my opinion.

I'll be honest about something though. I have always regretted selling that machine. They're very nice, light duty, sanders. I wish I had kept it.