PDA

View Full Version : Ryobi ROS Hook and Loop

Dennis McDonaugh
06-01-2005, 4:16 PM
The hook (or is it loop) on my Ryobi ROS won't hold the sandpaper disk any longer. Where can I find a replacement?

Thanks,

Vaughn McMillan
06-01-2005, 5:56 PM
As far as replacing the hook/loop pad itself, Dennis, I believe I've seen them in the home improvement stores, but don't recall where.

I have a similar problem, but it's the hook/loop pad that's becoming unattached from the sander. I'm considering using something like rubber cement to reattach it. Any thoughts anyone?

- Vaughn

Andrew Ault
06-01-2005, 7:02 PM
I had the same problem. I found adhesive backed "hook" adapter pads at Home Depot. I was able to wipe the expended "hooks" from my RO sander with a belt sander, adhere the new backer pad and trim it to size with a sharp knife. It already had the dust holes in it. As I recall, they came two to a pack.

-Andrew

Jamie Buxton
06-01-2005, 7:07 PM
On most sanders, those pads are considered wear parts, and the manufacturer offers replacements. For Ryobi, go to www.ryobitools.com and find either a Ryobi Service Center near you, or go through the service phone line to get to one of their Master Parts Distributors.

Dennis McDonaugh
06-02-2005, 3:37 PM
Thanks for the ideas guys. I'll try Home depot then ryobi.

Vaughn, rubber cement doesn't sound like it'd be strong enough to work and I'd be leary of anyting like epoxy.

Vaughn McMillan
06-02-2005, 5:04 PM
Vaughn, rubber cement doesn't sound like it'd be strong enough to work and I'd be leary of anyting like epoxy.
I've been amazed to see how well rubber cement holds if it's applied like contact cement -- coat both surfaces, then let them dry until you can press a finger on the glue and have it not stick, then put the two surfaces together. It's pretty tenacious, but it can be peeled apart if necessary. And if it's a complete failure, the rubber cement can be peeled off, so no harm done. (I agree with your comments about epoxy, or anything else that's permanent.)

- Vaughn