PDA

View Full Version : Smc

Ralph Butts
10-08-2013, 11:34 AM
I have thoroughly enjoyed being a member of this forum. I have learned a great deal. In some cases I feel that I have even shared in user's joy by the sharing of their stories. I also feel as though I have avoided some scenarios by others sharing their experiences here on the forum. Lastly I would imagine that some businesses also may have used information on the forum to better their products and services offerings. All in all I think this is a win - win environment. Sometimes things don't always go as planned, we are by the way human and we sometimes make mistakes. What is great about this forum is that it is a place to communicate and share ideas and more often then not provide a place to address and provide solutions or at least an environment ripe for problem solving. Admittedly sometimes our passions may even skirt the edge of "acceptable use terms". In almost every instance that I have seen this occur here there is always a member or more who injects a bit of reason and/or objectivity.

Without going into great depth responsible speech is an awesome privilege and freedom. I know that some feel that we live in times where it is much easier to file litigation rather then collaborate to solve issues but historically it has never been a good idea (or a successful one) to burn books because some sought to remove the sentiment or idea(s) expressed in print.

Lee Schierer
10-11-2013, 11:04 AM
I have thoroughly enjoyed being a member of this forum. I have learned a great deal. In some cases I feel that I have even shared in user's joy by the sharing of their stories. I also feel as though I have avoided some scenarios by others sharing their experiences here on the forum. Lastly I would imagine that some businesses also may have used information on the forum to better their products and services offerings. All in all I think this is a win - win environment. Sometimes things don't always go as planned, we are by the way human and we sometimes make mistakes. What is great about this forum is that it is a place to communicate and share ideas and more often then not provide a place to address and provide solutions or at least an environment ripe for problem solving. Admittedly sometimes our passions may even skirt the edge of "acceptable use terms". In almost every instance that I have seen this occur here there is always a member or more who injects a bit of reason and/or objectivity.

Well stated.

Jim Matthews
10-12-2013, 7:41 AM
I thought this was the modern equivalent of duffers meeting to play checkers at the corner store.

The best part of the Creek is its variety, some of the others are a monoculture.
This is a better behaved bunch than most.

Myk Rian
10-12-2013, 9:18 AM
I think Ralph is just sucking up to Keith. That way, if he screws up too bad, he won't get slammed so hard.
:D

Ralph Butts
10-12-2013, 8:36 PM
Roflmao.....