PDA

View Full Version : FWW Gloat

Bill Lewis
06-01-2005, 3:05 PM
On Friday I received in the mail the first copy of my "free" subscription to FWW. You know, the Lowes/Irwin Quick Grip clamp promotional offer.

I'm surprised that no one has posted yet. Or at least I haven't seen any posts. Has anyone else started receiving theirs? I know that many of you already subscribe to FWW, so you wouldn't notice.

I've been a subscriber to FHB for many years, and just never got around to subscribing to FWW, now that I get it, It'll be easier to keep it up.

BTW it'd be copywrite infringement to post a picture of the magazine, even for gloating rights, wouldn't it!?

Jeff Sudmeier
06-01-2005, 3:13 PM
Bill, I don't know if it would be if you linked to their site, but your own might be :)

John Gregory
06-01-2005, 4:10 PM
I finally got mine last week too. Nice issue. I may have to renew after the one year free. However I am already magazine poor.

Steve Roxberg
06-01-2005, 5:06 PM
I received mine as well, I had of course already purchased the issue on the news stand.

A quick e-mail to their customer service explaining that I had purchased the issue unsure as to when the subscription would start and requested a one issue extension which was quickly granted.

I also promised to give the extra issue to a potential subscriber for them.

It was a very sweet deal.

Carl Eyman
06-01-2005, 5:15 PM
I received the June issue a while back. It was the last in my current subscription. I had renewed thru an e-bay source and am wondering if I'm going to get a continous stream of issues.

Scott Parks
06-01-2005, 5:31 PM
Got mine last week also. I've been reading them at my local Barnes & Noble, because I couldn't fork out the 8 bucks... Now I have my own.:D

Todd Davidson
06-01-2005, 8:38 PM
Carl, I too renewed through an e-bay source just before the Lowe's deal. Also took advantage of the Lowe's deal. I wonder how it will all pan out....

Hal Flynt
06-02-2005, 4:07 PM
I too received a new June FWW form the Irwin deal, BUT after looking through it, I realized I already received one on my regular subscription.

A quick call to Taunton and about 1.5 minutes after dialing they found both subscriptions with identical name and addresses so they added the year to my present subscription, so I'm good till June 07. :)