PDA

View Full Version : Adobe flash player question

Bob Rufener
10-07-2013, 3:35 PM
I normally use IE for my browser. I am having problems with one issue. For some web sites or videos, it says I need to download the latest version of adobe flash drive. I have downloaded it but it appears that something is amiss with a setting on IE. Can anyone guide me to a possible solution? Please don't tell me to use Mozilla or Chrome. I can use those but my favorites are all on IE. Thanks for your help.

Jason Roehl
10-07-2013, 5:29 PM
Migrating bookmarks/favorites from IE to other browsers is usually a pretty straightforward option when installing. I wouldn't recommend Chrome, being a Google product (masters of info collection), but Firefox is good--it has its ups and downs in its evolution, but its downs are pretty much always better than Infernal Exploder. I hope Steve Jobs was right about Adobe Flash--that it will become obsolete when HTML 5 is widespread. I am not a fan of Flash, as you can tell.

Myk Rian
10-07-2013, 6:45 PM
Read this. It might be the add-on is disabled, or other.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/internet-explorer/help/adobe-flash-not-working

Bob Rufener
10-07-2013, 8:36 PM
I checked out Myk Rian's suggestion and disabled active x filtering. Have only tried a few things but it may be working. Thanks for the tip.

Curt Harms
10-08-2013, 9:43 AM
Migrating bookmarks/favorites from IE to other browsers is usually a pretty straightforward option when installing. I wouldn't recommend Chrome, being a Google product (masters of info collection), but Firefox is good--it has its ups and downs in its evolution, but its downs are pretty much always better than Infernal Exploder. I hope Steve Jobs was right about Adobe Flash--that it will become obsolete when HTML 5 is widespread. I am not a fan of Flash, as you can tell.

I suspect that goal just got closer. The group headed by Tim Berners-Lee okayed a framework for DRM (Digital Right Management) in HTML5. Some factions are not happy but I guess you can't please everyone. Big Media wasn't pleased with HTML5 because they couldn't restrict who watched what. It sounds like now they can, or at least there's a framework to allow it.

Brian Elfert
10-08-2013, 10:38 AM
Adobe Flash is so widespread that it will probably be years before it goes away, if ever. I have had problems with Adobe Flash player crashing occasionally, and it is amazing how many of the web pages I have open have Flash on them. Many websites use Flash to display ads.

Grant Wilkinson
10-08-2013, 12:41 PM
Bob: It sounds like you may have already solved your issues, but if not, you may want to go to the Adobe site and download their Flash Uninstaller. Run it, then reinstall the newest version of flash. Make sure that IE is not running when you run these. Some times, when you install a newer flash, some of the old stuff sticks around. That's why Adobe offers the uninstaller.