PDA

View Full Version : We had a storm last night...

Kirk (KC) Constable
06-01-2005, 2:28 PM
...and I slept through it. So I was a bit surprised to see all the tree limbs and loose branches on the yard this morning. Even more surprised when I got to the shop and it was a lot brighter in there...and a lot wet where the roof had given up a sheet of tin. :eek:

It was a piece on the 'patio' portion, but the wind carried alot of water into the building (just rafters...no finished ceiling in that part yet). I also blocked off a door from the inside a couple years ago that led out to the 'patio', but left the door(s) in place figuring I'd do something about it later. :rolleyes: Later was this morning, because Mother Nature removed one of them from the hinges for me. :mad:

So whatever it was I could've been doing in the shop today didn't get did since I was in 'fixit' mode...and I abhor fixing things. This is the second time the shop has been 'stormed'...we replaced almost half the roof and the entire floor after a tornado many years back. Several weeks ago I decided to just make do with what I've got and not build the new one I've talked about forever...but I'm already having second thoughts. :(

KC

Jim O'Dell
06-01-2005, 4:51 PM
KC, I gues we had a storm too. The only way I knew about it was my wife's closet door was open in the bathroom, and a dog bed was on the floor. My old boy gets freaked out by storms these days, and the closet is where he feels safest. We had a few dead limbs fall, but that's nothing new. We get that storm or not. I'll have to go check on the shop when I get off work. Sorry you had to get into the "fixin" mode today. Hope the repairs went smoothly. Jim

Mike Ramsey
06-01-2005, 4:55 PM
Kirk,

I guess i got your storm from last night this morning. Haven't been home to check for damage yet. according to the forcast it's supposed to be bad tonight also.

Rich Konopka
06-01-2005, 5:02 PM
KC, I gues we had a storm too. The only way I knew about it was my wife's closet door was open in the bathroom, and a dog bed was on the floor. My old boy gets freaked out by storms these days, and the closet is where he feels safest.

Jim, I don't think your giving your old boy enough credit. With the storms you all get down there I would be hiding in the closet too. :D:D:D

I hope the storms pass and everyone come out fine.