PDA

View Full Version : New gloat to share for a milestone(2000th post)

Jeff Sudmeier
06-01-2005, 1:37 PM
Everyone,

I submit to you the latest gloat:
http://www.woodworkersweb.com/modules/gallery/albums/albut49/BoschCase.sized.jpg

Any guesses? :)

http://www.woodworkersweb.com/modules/gallery/albums/albut49/BoschImpactDriver.sized.jpg

It is a bosch 14.4v Impact driver! My buddy ended up getting this super cheap so he traded it to me for me buying him some craftsman hand tools with my discount. He is starting an electrician's apprentiship and needed to stock up. I ended up getting this for 1/3rd the cost.

Also, I just noticed this morning that this will be my 2000th post, so ya for that! I can't believe I have posted that much. I love SMC because it is more of a community than any other forum I have frequented (on the woodworking topic or not). It is great that we have converstations rather than just strictly on topic discussions. This is a better place because of it. I hope I haven't bored you all with meaningless drivel :) I don't even dream of catching the big dogs! (John M, Jim B etc).

I have learned so much from SMC, I can't thank all of you enough! Without this forum, I wouldn't have upgraded my jointer, found the EZ guide or learned countless tips and tricks from you all. Ohh and don't forget about my new favorite finish, witches brew!

Finally I have met John Miliunas on this board, he has been a great mentor and teacher to me. Thanks John!!!

Have a great day everyone!

Charlie Jones
06-01-2005, 2:57 PM
Congrats Jeff!! thats a lot of typing

Tim Morton
06-01-2005, 3:01 PM
Great Gloat!! I love my impact driver!!!!

Jeff Sudmeier
06-01-2005, 4:31 PM
Thanks guys!

Mark Singer
06-01-2005, 4:34 PM
Jeff,

2000 wow! Jim Becker he is on your tail:(

Chris Pasko
06-01-2005, 6:14 PM
Thats an awesome impact wrench! I need to pick one of them babies up!

Corey Hallagan
06-01-2005, 7:20 PM
Jeff, congrats on the new tool! Also congrats on the 2000th post you windy guy you! :)Just kidding, actually you are one of the most helpful guys on the site and always there to sing praise or to help someone out with advice etc. Keep'em coming Jeff.

Corey

John Miliunas
06-01-2005, 9:35 PM
Hey Sudsy, a fine gloat to go with a fine number, which all ties right into a fine SMC member and friend!:) 2K posts...Seems just like yesterday! But, you're right...It's easy to lose track when one is engrossed in lively, helpful and friendly conversation. :) BTW, enjoy that Bosch! Like I told you earlier, you got a heckuva' great deal on it and will find it to be most useful. Bet we'll be "seeing" more of you 'round the Creek and thanks for the kind words!:D :cool:

Roy Wall
06-01-2005, 9:41 PM
Jeff,

Nice tool, good price, and great post!!!!!

You're one of the many that help me out all the time:)

Cheers to 2000 and beyond.................:cool:

Norman Hitt
06-01-2005, 11:01 PM
Hey Jeff, Nice little Gloat there, and very appropriate for a 2 thousandth post. Golly, just think how large your shop would have to be, if every post had been a Tool Gloat. :D :D

Keep 'em coming. :)

Jerry Olexa
06-02-2005, 12:02 AM
Congrats Jeff and a great tool gloat. That's a lotsuv posts!!:)

Jim McCarty
06-02-2005, 12:10 AM
You go Jeff! Congratulations, and you're going to love your impact driver. Jim

Jeff Sudmeier
06-02-2005, 3:03 AM
Hey Jeff, Nice little Gloat there, and very appropriate for a 2 thousandth post. Golly, just think how large your shop would have to be, if every post had been a Tool Gloat. :D :D

Keep 'em coming. :)

Norman, Don't I wish!! :) Man a guy could only dream of what they could have!

Ernie Nyvall
06-02-2005, 7:59 AM
Congratulations on the impact driver Jeff! What a deal!

I've also noticed your many helpful posts and thank you for that.

Ernie

Effie Lever
06-02-2005, 9:56 AM
Nice gloat Jeff and congratulation on your 2000, and keep them coming. I tried this Bosh at a woodworking show and I couldn’t believe how easy it was driving the screws, I’m a Makita guy for my portables but this one left an impression on me.

John Miliunas
06-02-2005, 10:04 AM
Nice gloat Jeff and congratulation on your 2000, and keep them coming. I tried this Bosh at a woodworking show and I couldn’t believe how easy it was driving the screws, I’m a Makita guy for my portables but this one left an impression on me.

Effie, NOT to take any punch from Jeff's Bosch gloat but, if you're a Makita guy, then by all means, check out the Makita version of their impact drivers! I've got the 12v version and it just flat-out rocks! Very happy with mine.:) :cool:

Jeff Sudmeier
06-02-2005, 10:10 AM
Effie,

If you liked the Bosch and already have Makita tools, check out the Makita. I am not up on it's features, but I know the reviews are good out there. You may also be able to use your current batteries. Also, at one time they were running a promo where you would get a free makita drill.

Jeff Sudmeier
06-02-2005, 10:10 AM
Effie,

If you liked the Bosch and already have Makita tools, check out the Makita. I am not up on it's features, but I know the reviews are good out there. You may also be able to use your current batteries. Also, at one time they were running a promo where you would get a free makita drill.
Oops, looks like John beat me to it! :)

Chris Padilla
06-02-2005, 11:29 AM
Nice pick-up there, Jeff...2000??? Pfffftttt!!! Yer still wet behind the ears!! :p :p

Kelly C. Hanna
06-02-2005, 12:16 PM
Looks good! Congrats on the good deal!!

Jeff Sudmeier
06-02-2005, 12:25 PM
Nice pick-up there, Jeff...2000??? Pfffftttt!!! Yer still wet behind the ears!! :p :p

Chris yeah I know! I hear that more than you would belive!!! I started in IT at the age of 19 and heard it all too often then, now I still hear it from time to time!

Effie Lever
06-02-2005, 5:05 PM
John,

I do have a couple of 12v Makita’s with the newer Ni-MH batteries and I love them. I saw that Amazon is having sort of a deal, (actually I think it's a Makita deal) when you buy the impact tool you get a free drill. Now all have to do is find a project to justify buying it ;) .

Sorry Jeff for piggybacking on your thread.

Jeff Sudmeier
06-02-2005, 7:45 PM
John,

I do have a couple of 12v Makita’s with the newer Ni-MH batteries and I love them. I saw that Amazon is having sort of a deal, (actually I think it's a Makita deal) when you buy the impact tool you get a free drill. Now all have to do is find a project to justify buying it ;) .

Effie, No problem at all! Glad that you have found out about the Amazon deal. I didn't know if it was still going on. IMHO, it is a great deal! You get two more cordless tools, all of which share batteries.

Jeff Sudmeier
06-03-2005, 3:14 PM
John,

Effie,

If you haven't purchased the makita, you may want to have another look at the Bosch. I found one for $140 although it is a 12v

Bosch 12v Impactor (http://www.heavydutytools.net/Scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=343)

Not trying to steer you away from the Makita, if I was buying full price, I may get the makita for the free drill.

Have fun!