PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Small Square Dancing Couple Badge Adornment

Mike DeRegnaucourt
10-06-2013, 5:24 PM

Hello Creekers,

Does anybody know where I can find these little gold plated square dancing badge adornment figurines? It looks like they might be metal. I do not think it matters if they are metal or plastic...I think they are more interested that they look the same.

Any info or help in locating these would be great!

Mike Null
10-07-2013, 7:03 AM
Mike

I have found similar items at Michael's. They have some kind of silver plating and hold up extremely well. I put one on a music box nearly 30 years ago and it still looks like new.

Mike DeRegnaucourt
10-07-2013, 8:57 AM
Thanks Mike...I will check there tonight. The customer wants them to be Gold though...maybe Michael's also carries them in gold plated as well. I've been searching high and low on the internet and not having much luck. Part of the problem is also trying to determine which search criteria to enter.

Mike DeRegnaucourt
10-07-2013, 2:47 PM
Mike

I have found similar items at Michael's. They have some kind of silver plating and hold up extremely well. I put one on a music box nearly 30 years ago and it still looks like new.

Hi Mike, my wife stopped by Michael's today and could not find any of these (silver plated or gold). :mad:

These things have been a huge pain to find.

Ross Moshinsky
10-07-2013, 3:00 PM
It's probably something someone bought in case quantity years and years ago and hasn't existed for years. It looks like a chenille pin that someone simply removed the pin back from and glued down.

Ian Franks
10-08-2013, 9:09 AM
Did a quick search for "vintage square dancing couple charm" and found these on etsy http://www.etsy.com/listing/161373503/brass-squaredancing-couple-stampings?ref=sr_gallery_22&ga_includes%5B%5D=tags&ga_search_query=dance+stamps&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery

Mike Null
10-08-2013, 9:28 AM
Ian

Good find but it says they only have one. You had better luck than I as I couldn't find anything.

Mike DeRegnaucourt
10-08-2013, 10:47 AM
Ian

Good find but it says they only have one. You had better luck than I as I couldn't find anything.

Yeah, I would need A LOT more than 1...more like hundreds.

I've been having the same problem Mike, I have spent so much time running all kinds of searches on the internet to no avail. Part of the problem too is coming up with search criteria to use. I took Ross's idea and tried all sort of searches using "chenille" and "chenille pin" but no luck. I've never had this much trouble trying to locate something on the internet. Maybe Ross is right that it was something from years ago and has not existed for awhile now. If anybody has any other search criteria to try, I'm all for it.

Mike Null
10-08-2013, 10:59 AM
But, if you need hundreds contact Catania in Cleveland to have them made.

800 633 2586 and ask for Jen Burger

http://www.cataniainc.com/products.aspx?code=other-specialty